12 arrested over beach hotel attack in Tunisia

Tunis, July 2 (IANS) Twelve suspects have been arrested in connection with last week’s terrorist attack that left 38 people dead at a beach hotel in Tunisia’s Sousse city, a minister said.

A hunt is on for two more suspects, Lazhar Akremi, minister for parliamentary relations, told media late Wednesday.

The two suspects, the 23-year-old gunman Seiffedine Rezgui who staged the Sousse attack, and the attackers who targeted the Bardo Museum in March that killed 23 people, all are believed to have received training in Libya, Akremi said.

The government on Tuesday released photos of the two fugitives, identified as Rafkhe Talari and Bin Abdallah, though their connection with Rezgui, the deceased gunman, was not clear, Xinhua news agency reported.

“This is a group who was trained in Libya, and who had the same objective,” Akremi said.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here