Three die after inhaling toxic gas in Bengal

Kolkata, Dec 7 (IANS) Three workers were killed and two others taken ill on Monday after inhaling poisonous gas that leaked from a drainage line in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district, police said.

The incident happened at the Kolkata Leather Complex when five workers were cleaning a drainage line of a tannery.

“The gas had accumulated somehow and when they were cleaning the drain, it escaped. Three workers have been killed and two others have been hospitalised,” Additional Superintendent of Police (East Zone) Arijit Sinha said.

The incident led to other workers staging demonstration, demanding monetary compensation for the victims’ kin.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here