19 arrested over Saudi blasts

19 arrested over Saudi blasts

Riyadh, July 8 (IANS) Saudi Arabian authorities have confirmed the arrest of 19 individuals, including seven Saudis and 12 Pakistanis, in connection to Medina and Qatif suicide blasts earlier this week.

A suicide bomber detonated himself on Monday in a hospital parking lot in Jeddah as security personnel approached him. The bomber died instantly, and two security personnel were slightly wounded, Xinhua news agency reported.

Also on Monday, a suicide bomber caused a blast near Prophet Mohammed’s mosque in the city of Medina killing four police officials.

Meanwhile, in Qatif, an eastern city that is home to many members of the Shia minority, two explosions struck near a Shia mosque. the bomber was the only casualty in the attack.

The Saudi interior ministry said the suicide bomber of the blast in Medina was a 26-year-old Saudi man, who was arrested before in connection to drug case.

The ministry also named three individuals it said carried out attacks in Qatif.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here