30 killed in Yemen mosque bombings

Sanaa, Sep 24 (IANS) At least 30 people were killed on Thursday when two suicide blasts rocked a mosque during Eid al-Adha prayers in Yemen’s capital Sanaa.

“Two suicide bombers blew themselves up inside the al-Blaili mosque, killing about 30 people and injuring scores of others at the scene,” the security source said.

Witnesses said that the suicide bombings took place early morning in downtown Sanaa near police headquarters when worshippers were coming out of the mosque, Xinhua news agency reported.

The toll may increase as many of the injured were in critical condition, medical officials said.

So far no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but security sources have blamed the Islamic State (IS) militant group.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here