New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) There have been 33 incidents of ceasefire violation along the India-Pakistan border since May, the home ministry said on Wednesday.
Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary, the minister of state for home affairs, in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha also said three security personnel and one civilian lost their lives in these incidents.
Three security personnel and 12 civilians were also injured in the violations.
The figures were from May 1 to July 27, said the written reply.
“Various measures are taken for the safety and security of the people residing in the border districts. The affected families are temporarily shifted to safer places and accommodated by the administration at various government buildings and are provided all basic amenities like healthcare, drinking water, power, temporary toilet, sanitation and security,” the minister said.
He said security measures have been augmented in the border areas and the anti-infiltration grid strengthened.
He also said police deployment was made in border areas during night and adequate security was being provided to the abandoned villages for protection of property.
“Close coordination amongst various agencies is maintained. Uninterrupted power supply is also being provided in border villages during the night. Bullet-proof bunkers and ambulances are kept in readiness at convenient locations for evacuation of people in case of emergency,” Chaudhary added.
In another written reply to the Rajya Sabha last week, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said there were 199 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the border with India till June this year.
In 2014, the number of violations was 583, and in 2013, it was 347.