40 killed in Kabul suicide attack

40 killed in Kabul suicide attack 

Kabul, June 30 (IANS) At least 40 people were killed on Thursday when a suicide bomber attacked an Afghan police convoy outside capital Kabul, BBC reported.

Two bombs hit vehicles carrying cadets returning from a graduation ceremony on the city’s western outskirts.

Paghman district Governor Haji Mohammad Musa Khan told the BBC that many more had been injured.

The bombing was claimed by the Taliban.

Taliban suicide bombers kill 27, wound 40 in attack on Afghan police

(Reuters): Two Taliban suicide bombers killed at least 27 police and wounded around 40 in an attack on Thursday on buses carrying recently graduated cadets on the western outskirts of Kabul.

A police official said that, according to preliminary information, three buses were attacked as they approached the Afghan capital from neighbouring Wardak province.

“Initial information we have is that two suicide bombers were involved and there are many casualties,” he said, declining to be identified by name.

An Interior Ministry official said at least 27 people were killed and 40 wounded.

The incident comes 10 days after an attack on a bus carrying Nepali security guards working for the Canadian embassy in Kabul that killed 14 people.

In April, at least 64 people were killed by a Taliban attack on a security services facility in Kabul in the deadliest bombing of its kind in Afghanistan since 2011.

Leave a Reply