76 still missing in China landslide

Beijing, Dec 22 (IANS) At least 76 people remained missing two days after a massive landslide hit an industrial park in China’s Shenzhen city, authorities said on Tuesday.

Previously, the number of missing people was reported to be 91, but 15 people were traced later, Xinhua cited Vice Mayor Liu Qingsheng as saying.

Those who remained missing include 51 males and 25 females, said Liu at a press conference.

Over 4,000 rescuers had joined the rescue efforts as of Tuesday morning, he added.

One body was retrieved from the debris early on Tuesday.

The landslide hit an industrial park around 11.40 a.m. on Sunday after a huge pile of construction waste collapsed from a hill in Shenzhen.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here