Activists to Lay Siege to MLA’s House over Baliga Murder
Mangaluru: A combine of various groups and organizations like DYFI, DSS, SFI and rationalists’ federation has been moving heaven and earth to ensure justice to the family of slain RTI activist Vinayak Baliga over two months ago. They have joined together under the banner of Deshapremi Sanghatanegala Okkoota (Federation of Patriotic Organizations).
They have led delegations over delegations to the police and the minister in charge of the district and others to demand early arrest of the main accused and founder of NaMo Brigade, Naresh Shenoy. He has been evading arrest for so long.
While his family and his advocates know his whereabouts, the activists fail to understand as to how the police were not able to lay their hands on him. In the absence of police action, several unconfirmed reports are making rounds.
One of them says that with the help of a self-appointed godman of DK origin who is based in Bengaluru and who is close to the top persons in the state government, the police are being forced to go slow in the case.
WhatsApp messages have been in circulation saying that attempts were made to hush up the case by greasing the palms of the police in the commissionerate. But the city police commissioner, known as a tough and upright officer, did not budge and is determined to take the case to a logical conclusion.
The delay in the arrest has led to a suspicion that even the higher-ups in the state government have been assisting Shenoy to sneak out of the snare. His application for anticipatory bail has been adjourned thrice and will be heard on June 6.
It is likely that attempts are being made to stall his arrest at least until that date. Once he gets a bail, there could be a possbility of destruction of evidence or threat to witnesses. If the case drags on for another month, the case itself could be forgotten by the public.
The activists do not want this to happen. Hence in order to hasten the matter, they have decided to lay siege to the house of MLA J R Lobo in Shiva Bagh at 10-30 am on June 6. The protest would be preceded by a procession from the Collector’s Gate in Balmatta towards the venue of the protest, says a communique issued by Muneer Katipalla, convener of the combine DSO.
- Should Naresh Shenoy be not proclaimed as absconder?
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail