New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Alia Bhatt, who has starred in romantic films like “Student Of The Year” and “2 States”, suggests that planning is important to get one’s Valentine’s Day celebrations right. Watching the sunrise with your loved one or baking for the special someone are some ways to add a sparkle to your plans, says the actress.
Alia, who has become the face of ice-cream brand Cornetto along with Vikrant Massey, shares her tips to keep in mind for a special Valentine’s Day – the Alia Bhatt way:
* Plan: First things first, decide in advance how you would like to spend the day with your beau. Think about things that are special to him. A well-planned date can make a great impression especially on someone you have just met.
* Have a movie-thon: Laugh, cry and celebrate the experience of falling in love with your beloved beside you. Have loads of flavoured popcorn, cold coffee and ice cream to up the excitement. Start with a classic like “Casablanca”, “Gone With The Wind”, and then move on to “Titanic”, “The Notebook”, “Pretty Woman” to name a few.
* Watch the sunrise: Most of us have seen the sun set beautifully with our sweetheart. But this year on Valentine’s Day, why not watch the spectacular sunrise and let the feeling sink in that the relationship you both share is more than just friendship.
* Getaway: Go the off-beaten path. Head out to an unknown destination that is not touristy and explore it for yourself. Check out the local art, culture and cuisine to experience a different Valentine’s Day to deepen the bond that you share.
* Bake for him: Don the chef’s hat! This Valentine’s Day woo him with goodies that are lovingly baked by you. Bake his favourite cake, cookies or ace the game with some brownies to make him realise that he is the special one.
* Go for a classic romantic evening: If you are a die-hard romantic person then plan an elaborate night of candlelit dinner at the favourite restaurant. Serenade with flowers, chocolates and sparkling bubbly. Request the restaurant to play his/her much-loved music track and let your bestie know that you are more than just friends.
* Surprise element: Fill his day with surprises! Place heart-shaped candies and love notes hidden in secret places. These will make your beau feel ‘Oh so, so special!’ Even better, send a fabulous bouquet of flowers at the place of work to declare your love and see him transform into the love of your life from being a dear friend.