Alleged IS list threatens over 1,000 Americans

Washington, Aug 14 (IANS) An alleged hitlist of the Islamic State (IS) terror group has threatened over 1,000 US nationals, a media report said on Friday.

A group calling itself the IS Hacking Division posted the list online this week, providing the phone numbers, locations and “passwords” for 1,400 American government and military personnel, CNN reported.

It also released their purported credit card numbers and excerpts of some Facebook chats.

“We are extracting confidential data,” the message said. “And passing on your personal information to the soldiers of the khilafah who soon … will strike at your necks in your own lands!”

According to CNN, many of the phone numbers and email addresses on the list were not in service. But one person on the list, reached by phone, confirmed that he had previously served in the US military.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Pentagon have launched a probe into the supposed IS list

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here