Ambulance Staff Ensures Safe Childbirth in Transit
Puttur: Often it happens that owing to lack of convenience and facilities, mothers-to-be from rural areas get admitted to hospitals for childbirth at advanced stages of pregnancy. There could other physical reasons like stress which might hasten the delivery.
There have been many cases of women having had childbirth in transit while on the way to the hospital during the past few years.
In yet another incident, a woman from Bakilagadde of Udane, felt pains at home around 5 am on Wednesday, July 27. A 108 ambulance was called for.
The ambulance staff responded immediately and shifted Leelavati into the vehicle on way to Mangaluru. But she happen to deliver the bady in the ambulance itself.
Kumar, the emergency medical technician (EMT), and ambulance driver Chandrakant rose to the occasion and ensured smooth childbirth.
The mother and baby were admitted to a hospital in Puttur thereafter.
Childbirth in Transit:
- Childbirth on Wheels – Ambulance Fails to Turn up, GP Member Saves Situation
- Karkala: Another ‘Birth on Wheels’ – Salmara Woman Delivers Male Child in Ambulance
- Chikkamagaluru: In 20 Days, Five Women had ‘Express Delivery’ in a Single Ambulance!
- Madikeri: Bumpy Road Effect – Woman Gives Birth in Autorickshaw
- Mangalore: Another Childbirth in Ambulance – Mother, Infant in Good Health
- Mangalore: Bajpe Woman Delivers Girl Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Moodbidri: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance in Transit
- Mangalore: Ambulance Staff Successfully Handles Childbirth while in Transit
- Karkala: Yet Another Birth on Wheels – Woman Delivers in 108 Ambulance
- Udupi: ‘Express Delivery’ in Ambulance for Woman in Late Stage of Pregnancy
- Beltangady: Twins Born to Woman while being Shifted in Ambulance
- Puttur: Yet Another Childbirth on Wheels – Commendable Job by Ambulance Staff
- Woman from Kadaba Delivers Child in 108 Ambulance – Both Healthy
- Puttur: Twins Born in 108 Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Sullia: Thanks to Bumpy Roads, Woman Gives Birth to Child in Autorickshaw
- Karkala: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Kundapur: Woman from Byndoor has Childbirth in 108 Ambulance
- Mangalore: Safe Childbirth in Ambulance for Woman from Mudipu
- Puttur: Woman Gives Birth in Ambulance, Fifth for the Vehicle
- Puttur: ‘Express’ Delivery in Bus for Lucky Woman after Sari Fest