Another child dies of dengue, as hospitals turn him away

New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) A week after a seven-year-old boy died of dengue in the national capital following hospital authorities’ callousness, another child died in the city on Sunday after four hospitals his hapless parents approached declined admission.

Aman died on Sunday night after being denied admission by various hospitals, family members said on Tuesday. They blamed the hospitals’ apathy for his death.

“Our boy had a fever and we took him to Safdarjung Hospital but we were told by the hospital that the boy was healthy and that there was no problem,” the boy’s father Manoj Sharma told Times Now news channel.

Later that night, when Aman’s condition deteriorated, he was taken to Jeevan Nursing Home, Sharma said, adding that since the child’s condition was bad, the hospital authorities said they did not have the required equipment to treat him.

He said the boy was then taken to Moolchand and to Max hospitals. But there too he was denied admission, as both the hospitals said there were no beds available for the young patient.

Finally, after losing two crucial hours, Aman was rushed to Holy Family hospital where he died after some time.

“The cause of the death, according to the hospital reports was dengue,” the boy’s father said.

Delhi government officials said details were sought on the matter from the authorities concerned.

“We are getting the details regarding the matter. Action would be taken only after we get the details,” a Delhi government official told IANS.

Earlier this month, seven-year-old Avinash Rout from Odisha died of dengue. Following his death, his parents committed suicide by jumping from the fourth floor of the building they lived in.

Rout too was allegedly denied admission by five hospitals — Moolchand Hospital, Aakash Hospital, Saket City Hospital, Max Hospital (Saket) and Irene Hospital (Kalkaji).

The data released by the three civic corporations – North Delhi Municipal Corporation (North DMC), South DMC and East DMC – on Monday said that till September 12, the number of deaths due to dengue was five and the total dengue cases reported in the city were 1,872.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here