Baliga murder case prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
Mangaluru: The CCB Police arrested prime accused Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder case, said Police Commissioner Chandra Sekhar in a press meet held at his office here, on June 26.
Addressing the media persons, Chandra Sekhar said that Naresh Shenoy had been arrested by the CCB Police led by Valentine D’Souza in Hejamadi at 12.30pm. “Today, the CCB arrested Naresh and brought him in. We will conduct our investigation and consequently file a supplementary charge sheet. According to our reports, Shenoy had been hiding in various places in Jammu & Kashmir, Lucknow, areas near the Nepal border and such. Further investigations will reveal all the places and those who have helped him. We have already arrested one Manjunath for harbouring Shenoy, and will arrest the others too under Section 212 of the IPC for harbouring a criminal,” said the Commissioner.
When asked about the motives behind the murder, Sekhar said that the RTI activities conducted by Vinayak Baliga may have been the cause. “The specific reasons will be known only after the investigation. And we want to be sure of the reason before speaking about it,” he added.
Vinayak Baliga was murdered on March 21 by contract killers at Kodialguthu. In this connection, the police had arrested 6 accused but the prime accused Naresh had been absconding since the murder. When asked if Naresh had willingly surrendered, Sekhar replied that he did not surrender but was arrested by the CCB. “We did not allow any of the accused to run away from the country. All the people who were on the run were on the run; we did not let them rest. At no point could they rest at a place for more than a day or too; we ensured that.”
He also said that as far as the murder was concerned, there was no underworld element involved. “The murder was planned and executed here in Mangaluru.” Sekhar also said that the police are now on the lookout for one Vignesh for questioning, but the way he has been avoiding the police is suspicious. Vignesh is said to be a close associate of Naresh Shenoy.
Answering a question on whether the protests negatively impacted the police, Chandra Sekhar replied, “This is a democratic society; people have the right to point fingers at others. Since we wear the uniform, most of the time a lot of fingers are pointed at us. But I feel that we have redeemed ourselves by doing the investigation in a proper manner. People are free to protest, against any of us. I certainly stand with the right to protest as long as it’s peaceful. But the moment it becomes intimidating, we will do all within our power to stop it.”
Naresh Shenoy will be produced to the court tomorrow, June 27. DCP of Law & Order Shantharaj and DCP of Crime & Traffic Dr Sanjeev Patil were also present at the press meet.
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail