Ban Ki-moon condemns attack on Indian consulate

United Nations, Jan 5 (IANS) United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Monday condemned the attack on the Indian consulate in Afghanistan’s Mazar-i-Sharif, but declined to comment on the terror attack at an Indian Air Force base in Punjab’s Pathankot town.

Asked at his daily briefing about the Pathankot attack, Ban’s spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said: “I don’t have anything in particular to say on that. I don’t have enough details to speak to it.”

“The operation is still ongoing.”

“On the attack on Mazar-i-Sharif, obviously, it is an attack we condemn. Especially in light of what we’ve said, an attack on a diplomatic outpost… that needs to be protected,” he said.

Commenting earlier on the Saudi embassy in Tehran, Dujarrin said: “We have seen in the past years, recently in various places, attacks on diplomatic missions, which the Secretary General has spoken out against and which he did again this time.”

Leave a Reply