Bantwal: A woman from Guddeangadi in B Kasaba village near here delivered a baby girl in the ambulance while being shifted to a hospital on Friday.
The incident occurred on the Bantwal highway.
The woman was in an advanced stage of pregnancy. She experienced birth pains on the way. The vehicle was stopped and the childbirth was facilitated by the staff on board.
Staff nurse Himakar, driver Nagappa, the woman’s husband and a woman relative were in the ambulance.
The skills of the staff who were in the vehicle apart, many people have spoken against the risks involved in shifting women in their advanced stage of pregnancy in ambulances to be admitted to hospitals.
Childbirth on wheels!
- Chikkamagaluru: In 20 Days, Five Women had ‘Express Delivery’ in a Single Ambulance!
- Madikeri: Bumpy Road Effect – Woman Gives Birth in Autorickshaw
- Mangalore: Another Childbirth in Ambulance – Mother, Infant in Good Health
- Mangalore: Bajpe Woman Delivers Girl Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Moodbidri: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance in Transit
- Mangalore: Ambulance Staff Successfully Handles Childbirth while in Transit
- Karkala: Yet Another Birth on Wheels – Woman Delivers in 108 Ambulance
- Udupi: ‘Express Delivery’ in Ambulance for Woman in Late Stage of Pregnancy
- Beltangady: Twins Born to Woman while being Shifted in Ambulance
- Puttur: Yet Another Childbirth on Wheels – Commendable Job by Ambulance Staff
- Woman from Kadaba Delivers Child in 108 Ambulance – Both Healthy
- Puttur: Twins Born in 108 Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Sullia: Thanks to Bumpy Roads, Woman Gives Birth to Child in Autorickshaw
- Karkala: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Kundapur: Woman from Byndoor has Childbirth in 108 Ambulance
- Mangalore: Safe Childbirth in Ambulance for Woman from Mudipu
- Puttur: Woman Gives Birth in Ambulance, Fifth for the Vehicle
- Puttur: ‘Express’ Delivery in Bus for Lucky Woman after Sari Fest