Beltangady: Restaurant in Laila Gutted in Fire Caused by LPG Cylinder Blast

Beltangady: A restaurant in Laila near here, owned by Keshava Poojary, was almost reduced to ashes after a fire broke out late in the night on Thursday.

Vithal Poojary, a pump operator at the Laila panchayat, observed the fire as he had arrived to release water. He immediately informed panchayat vice president Girish Dongre. Other prominent citizens arrived and began a dousing operation.

The fire was caused by an LPG cylinder blast. By the time the fire brigade arrived and extinguished the fire completely, much damage was done. As a large set of electronic equipments were gutted, the loss could be in several lakhs, said the residents.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here