Bengaluru: Faulty Gas Geyser Kills Mother and Son

Bengaluru: Installing a gas geyser proved costly as a mother-son duo had to pay with their life. Arpitha(23), a homemaker and her son Amruth(3) were found dead in the bathroom of their house in Lakshmipura in Kempegowda Nagar police station limits. They died due to inhaling carbon monoxide generated by their geyser on 7 December.

According to police, Arpitha went to have bath after finishing her household chores. Amruth, who was playing in the hall, is suspected to have gone inside the bathroom to urinate. His grandparents who were sitting outside grew suspicious as the boy could not be seen around for a while. They started looking out for the boy and knocked on the bathroom door, but got no response. They raised an alarm and a few neighbours came in who broke open the door and found the mother and son lying motionless on the bathroom floor.

According to sources, they were immediately rushed to the nearby hospital where they were declared brought dead. Initial investigations revealed that the gas geyser installed in the bathroom generated carbon monoxide which lead to their deaths.

The bodies were later shifted to Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) for an autopsy to ascertain the cause of their deaths. The police said that the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) visited the house to collect details. The gas geysers generated poisonous gas if not serviced and maintained properly, said the police. A case of unnatural death was registered with the Kempegowda Nagar police.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here