Bengaluru: Facing a fresh charge of sexual abuse levelled by a young woman while the earlier case in connection with the allegations by a former female voclaist was still under investigation, Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji of Hosanagara Math in Shimoga district, has applied for an anticipatory bail from a court here.
The Swamiji’s lawyers submitted the bail application on his behalf in a sessions court here on Wednesday. The court instructed the prosecution lawyers to submit objections. The government lawyers sought more time to raise their objections.
The aggrieved woman, accompanied by the Janavadi women’s organization’s activists, also called on MLC V S Ugrappa, who heads a committee on prevention of excesses on women, the same day.
She drew his attention to the lack of action on the part of the police even four days after filing a complaint at the Girinagar station.
Speaking to mediapersons earlier in the week, state home minister K J George said that the CID was likely to probe the second case.
In the meantime, several units of parent organization of the Havyaka Brahmin community, which holds the Swamiji in high reverence, have termed the latest charge by another woman as continuance of a conspiracy to oust the Swamiji from the religious seat.
- Bengaluru: Another Woman Accuses Raghaveshwara Bharati of Sexual Abuse
- Karwar: Raghaveshwara Case – CID Team Probes at Devimane in Kitre
- Bengaluru: Number of Recusals Rises to 5 as Two More Judges Withdraw from Swamiji’s Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Charge against Raghaveshwara – Yet Another Judge Recuses Himself
- Bengaluru: Rape-accused Swamiji’s DNA Test Positive: Advocate General
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Case – HC Orders Shastri Couple be Made Respondents
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Swamiji Undergoes Medical Tests, Declines Three
- Bengaluru: Setback for Swamiji as High Court Okays Medical Test
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Granted Conditional Bail in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Havyaka Forum Wants Swamiji to Voluntarily Undergo Tests
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Case: CID Questions RSS Leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat
- Bengaluru: Two Arrested for Slandering Shastri Couple’s Daughter in Facebook
- Bengaluru: New Twist to Singer Vs Swamiji Case with Reported Entry of Underworld Don
- New Delhi: Sexual Assault Charges against Swamiji – Women’s Commission Steps in
- Puttur: Demand for a Comprehensive Probe into Kedila Shastri Suicide Case Snowballs
- Honnavar: Amid High Drama Police Notice Issued to Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji
- Honnavar: Alleged Blackmail Attempt on Math’s Artistes – Shastri Couple Gets Conditional Bail
- Puttur: CID Team Arrives in Town to Probe Kedila Shyam Prasad Shastri’s Suicide
- Puttur: Case of Shastri Suicide in Kedila also Likely to be Probed by CID
- Puttur: Kedila Residents Demand Thorough Probe into Shastri’s Alleged Suicide
- Puttur: Urimajalu Ram Bhat Appeals to Havyaka Community to Maintain Restraint
- Mangalore: Threat Calls Led Shastry to End Life, Says Wife in Complaint to Police
- Mangalore: Shyam Prasad Shastry from Kedila who Shot Himself Dies in Hospital