Bengaluru: M Vasudevarao Kashyap, national spokesperson for All India Hindu Maha Sabha, announced at a media meet here on Monday the expulsion of Shri Pranavananda Swamiji from the post of state presidentship.
He said that the action was taken in the wake of his anti-party activities, misuse of public money, for delivering communally provocative speeches and for acts of favouritism.
Kashyap said that Pranavananda had taken over as president of the state unit on November 19, 2014. He has been a self-proclaimed Swamiji who did not run the affairs of the organization. Besides several criminal cases had been filed against him at different places. Hence he was expelled, he explained.
He added that the functionaries of the organization met on December 1 and decided to expel him. In future, he had been barred from representing or holding any activity in the name of this organization. If he was found violating it, criminal proceedings would be initiated against him, he warned.
Pranavananda was in the news last week when transport authorities in northern Karnataka seized his sleek car, said to be of value of Rs 10 lakh, For the last eight months, he had been using the new car without getting it registered. Its number-plate was painted like a normal one with the NT code instead of the specified colours, and the number had five digits instead of four.
Even after he brought a demand draft for the fine amount to the RTO’s office the car was not released. Hence he sat in dharna on the steps of the premises.
He said that he had bought the car with the money donated by his devotees. He could not explain as to how he could pool up such a large amount for the fine at a short notice.
- Mangaluru: Hindu Mahasabha to Send Pork to CM Siddaramaiah – Swami Pranavananda
- Mangaluru: Hindu Land Should Not be sold to Muslims – Swami Pranavananda
- Mangalore: We want Modi to Lead the Country and Make it a Hindu Nation – Pranavananda Swami
- Mangalore: Complaint Filed against Pranavananda Swamiji over Provocative Speech in City
- Mangalore: Chop off Hands of those who Slaughter Gomata – Prananvananda Swamiji
- Dharwad: Rich Rewards Offered by HMS to Hindu Boys Marrying Muslim Girls!