Bengaluru: Unscheduled power cuts back

Bengaluru, (DHNS): Complaints of unscheduled load shedding were reported by residents of Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bannerghatta Road, Koramanagala, Indiranagar, Hebbal, Rajajinagar, Sheshadriupuram, Uttarahalli, Magadi Road and areas under central business district, to name a few.

Bescom may have officially announced that it has withdrawn the four-hour load shedding implemented a few days ago but Bengalureans continue to suffer as many areas are witnessing unscheduled power cuts ranging from one to two hours every day.

Complaints of unscheduled load shedding were reported by residents of Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bannerghatta Road, Koramanagala, Indiranagar, Hebbal, Rajajinagar, Sheshadriupuram, Uttarahalli, Magadi Road and areas under central business district, to name a few.

When contacted, Bescom Managing Director Pankajkumar Pandey told Deccan Herald on Wednesday that the unscheduled load shedding was because of shortage of wind energy and non-functioning of a unit each at Raichur Thermal Power Station (RTPS) and Ballari Thermal Power Station (BTPS). “But we will get 150 MW of power from Andhra Pradesh at the cost of Rs 5.08 per unit. This will meet the demand and we will ensure that there is no power cut. The problem will get solved by Thursday and Friday.”

Dharamesh, a resident of BTM Layout, said: “Power cuts are back again after some relief during the Gowri and Ganesha festivals. But there is no fixed timing of load shedding. It is very difficult to ensure daily activities at home because the power goes off suddenly. Sometimes, it resumes after an hour and some times after two,” he said.

Raghuram, a resident of Sanjaynagar, had similar views: “Power cut during morning hours is the worst. The government had earlier said that power problem will be resolved by Ganesha festival. But the problem has prevailed. Mid-term examinations are on in many schools and power cuts are affecting students,” he said.

Vijayalakshmi, a senior citizen residing in ITI Layout in Kathriguppe, said there was a power cut from 7.15 pm to 8.30 pm in her area on Tuesday and again from 1 pm to 2 pm on Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here