Brothers bit by Saw Scaled Viper bring snake to hospital in container
Kundapur: Bitten by a snake, two youth of Battagaun colony of Bhatkal were rushed to the Government hospital Kundapur with the snake that bit them.
The incident took place at Battagaun colony of Bhatkal on September 27. Razik Siddiq (26) and his brother Abubakar Siddiq (20) were the victims who were bitten by the snake. The snake entered their house around 11:30 night and bit them while they were relaxing after the wedding reception ceremony. After the snake bit them, their hands started to turn blackish in colour. They immediately caught the snake, put it in an empty plastic bottle and rushed to the nearby Bhatkal Government hospital.
Since they were not treated well at the Bhatkal Government hospital Razik Siddiq (26) and his brother Abubakar Siddiq (20) were taken to the Kundapur Taluk hospital in a private vehicle. Dr Uday Shanker chief surgeon of the hospital admitted both of them and provided proper medical treatment. After treatment at the Kundapur Taluk hospital, both recovered and were out of danger. The snake was identified as a Saw Scaled Viper or ‘Towdapalka’ in the local language.
Razik Siddiq speaking to our correspondent said that they decided to catch the snack and show it to the doctor so that it would help the doctor in treating them without delay. In our colony, many snake bite cases have been reported but the victims were not treated properly at the local government hospital. The required anti-snake venom is not available there, he said.
Saw Scaled Viper snake is very poisonous, the snake had bit their right-hand fingers. We were injected with anti-snake venom and both are now out of danger said, Dr Uday Shanker.