Caitlyn Jenner to face manslaughter charge?

Los Angeles, Aug 21 (IANS) Reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner could be charged with manslaughter following her car accident in Malibu earlier this year that left one person dead.

“The case will be submitted to the district attorney next week,” said a police official.

Detectives have completed their six-month investigation and are set to present evidence to the prosecution that could lead to a misdemeanour manslaughter charge against Caitlyn. Because there’s “nothing really egregious” in the case, Richard Curry of the Sheriff’s Department said there’s a “50/50” chance that she will be charged, reports variety.com.

A misdemeanour manslaughter charge usually carries a one-year county jail sentence.

Caitlyn was driving down Pacific Coast Highway on February 7 at an unsafe speed when her Escalade hit another vehicle, causing a chain-reaction crash, authorities said. Curry charged that Caitlyn’s violation of the vehicular manslaughter law ultimately led to a death.

If she is charged, her docu-series “I Am Cait” will not be affected, as the first season has wrapped production, with the finale set to air on September 13.

Leave a Reply