New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) Rummaging your closet to pick a perfect outfit to conquer the simmering sun before stepping out in summer? Ditch the usual denims and tops for long and flowing maxi dresses or crop tops to make a style statement and beat the summer heat with style.
If a dull umbrella or a scarf to shield yourself from the sun bores you, then opt for trendy accessories like chic hats and funky glasses — there are multiple fashionable options with an array of summery prints and bright hues this season.
Navin Mistry, head of retail exports and lifestyle category, eBay India, lists some great ideas to stack in your cupboard and be summer ready:
* The summery maxi dress: Something long, flowing and breezy in form of a long maxi dress is a perfect wear this summer. Opt for bright colours with floral prints to strut away on the streets like a diva. The dress will help you make a delicate yet beautiful style statement.
* Hats are in: Covering up with a scarf to protect your your hair and skin from sun damage is a passe this season. Go the hat way this time. From retro to peppy, pick any one that defines your style. You can also choose a beach hat with a denim flower to get the beach vibe.
* Funky shades: From retro to quirky, an extensive range of eyewear have flooded the market this season. So what are you waiting for? Pick any one and flaunt it to the world. If you want to add more fun, then a yellow party eye glass is a cool and trendy accessory for indoor or outdoor parties.
* The must-have bag: A woman without a bag is a rare sight. It is not just an accessory, but a haven for all the essentials — be it the sunscreen, face wash, face wipes or perfume. Go for a polypropylene bag with abstract prints which can be teamed up with everything pretty.
* Crop tops: Crop tops is one trend which is still making news by setting a style statement. They are chic, comfortable and one can easily team up with anything be it denims, shorts or skirts.