Chelsea forward Pedro in talks

Chelsea forward Pedro in talks with Barcelona

London, June 16 (IANS) Chelsea star striker Pedro has revealed that he has held initial talks about a return to Spanish football club Barcelona after just a single season at Stamford Bridge.

The 28-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Spain at Euro 2016, was signed for 22 million pounds from the reigning La Liga champions last summer, but struggled to make an impact during his debut season in the Premier League.

Italy boss Antonio Conte will become Chelsea head coach following the conclusion of Euro 2016 and his first job could be to convince Pedro to remain at the club.

“Hopefully (I can return to Barcelona) but I know it’s hard. I have already spoken about it with the president (Josep Maria Bartomeu) when we (Barcelona) were in the (Cup) final (when Barcelona beat Sevilla 2-0 last month) and spoke to all the people who want me there,” Pedro was quoted as saying by beIN Sports on Wednesday.

“It’s complicated, but I’ve always said that I would like to retire at Barcelona. However, I know it’s difficult because the years go by and the club has the best players in the world, it is a very demanding club and to return is complicated. But I do not rule it out either.”

Pedro, who has three years left of his current contract at Chelsea, came through the youth ranks at Barcelona and won five La Liga titles and three Champions League crowns.

“I had been 11 or 12 years in Barcelona, my family is from there and also many friends. The fans loved me, I felt very valued around the club, and it’s always hard to leave the club of your dreams,” the Spaniard said.

“But I have explained before in the end I had to take this decision because I saw that the possibilities (of playing) were low,” Pedro added.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here