IS claims responsibility for Syria’s serial bombings

IS claims responsibility for Syria’s serial bombings

Damascus, Sep 6 (IANS) The Islamic State (IS) group claimed responsibility for the six bombings that rocked key Syrian cities and killed at least 48 people earlier on Monday.

In a statement carried by the group’s Amaq news agency, the IS said six of its suicide bombers had carried out bombings in the cities of Tartus, Homs, Hasakah and Damascus.

It said a bomber detonated his explosives at a military checkpoint in the Sabura area in the countryside of Damascus, and another one detonated his explosives at a checkpoint in the central city of Homs.

In the predominantly-Kurdish city of Hasakah, the IS said, a bomber carried out a suicide attack against a checkpoint of Kurdish security forces, known as Assayish.

In the coastal city of Tartus, three suicide bombers, one with an explosive-laden vehicle and two others with explosive belts, detonated themselves at a checkpoint of the entrance of the city, the statement said.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here