Karkala: A resident of Bhramari near Nitte in the taluk had a good fill at a bar already on Monday, and on his way home wanted to carry an additional dose.
He tucked the bottle inside his clothes near the midriff. He was already on a high, so when climbing the steps of his house, he lost balance and fell on his stomach.
The bottle he had concealed cracked and the sharp ends poked his abdomen. He fell and kept bleeding. As there was no one else at home, it was noticed by others quite late.
He was admitted to the taluk government hospital. A surgery was found necessary. Many shards were extracted from the wounds. Now he is said to be recovering.