Cruzeiro confirm Menezes move to Shandong Luneng

Rio de Janeiro, Dec 7 (IANS) Brazilian football club Cruzeiro has confirmed the departure of former Brazil national coach Mano Menezes to Shandong Luneng.

The 53-year-old revealed last week that he was close to signing with the Chinese club after receiving an offer that was “out of this world,” reports Xinhua.

“Mano Menezes has told the club that he has accepted a position with China’s Shandong Luneng,” Cruzeiro said in a statement on the club’s official website on Sunday.

“We hope to announce a new coach in the coming days.”

Menezes agreed to pay a $1.8 million contractual buyout fee out of his own pocket, according to reports in Brazilian media.

Cruzeiro said they would announce Menezes’ replacement “within days”.

Former Real Madrid, Internazionale and AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf is favourite to assume the vacant position.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here