Djokovic retains top spot at ATP rankings
Madrid, Oct 17 (IANS) Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic retained the top spot with 12.900 points in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings released on Monday.
Djokovic lost 640 points after he was defeated by Spain’s Roberto Bautista in the Shanghai Masters’ semi-final clash.
Scotish player Andy Murray garnered 640 points after winning Shanghai Masters on Sunday to be at second spot with 10.485 points.
Canadian Milos Raonic jumped to the fourth spot with 4.690 points, leaving Japanese Kei Nishikori in the fifth place with 4.650 points.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 12.900 points
2. Andy Murray (Scotland) 10.485
3. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5.820
4. Milos Raonic (Canada) 4.690
5. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 4.650
6. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 4.380
7. Gael Monfils (France) 3.815
8. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 3.720
9. Tomas Berdych (Czech) 3.300
10. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3.250.