CHURCH OF THE LITTLE FLOWER
Kallamundkur P.O. - 574 274
via Moodubidri, Karkal Taluk
TELEPHONE: 79 5260
LOCATION: This church is situated at a distance of 35 kms from Mangalore and 15 kms from Moodbidri and is surrounded by Kinnigoly, Sampige, Neerude and Kateel parishes.
PARISH PRIEST: Rev. Fr Joswey Fernandes
CATHOLIC POPULATION: Total : 1,465 Male : 712 Female : 753
NO. OF CATHOLIC FAMILIES: 278
NO. OF PARISH WARDS: 10
Niddodi was once a part of Kirem. Fr Emmanuel M. Rebello, the parish priest of Kirem, had his personal property at Niddodi where he built a chapel dedicated to St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus and it was inaugurated on October 1, 1925.
Since the chapel was too small for the Sunday congregation, Fr Rebello extended it and also built a presbytery in 1934. He handed over this property with the chapel, presbytery and school to the diocese on December 19, 1935.
Bishop Victor Fernandes separated Niddodi from Kirem and erected it into a parish on May 13, 1937 with Agre, Niddodi and later, a part of Elinje. Fr W.J. Rebello was the first parish priest who built the façade to the church. The shrine in honour of St Theresa was erected by Fr G.W. Menezes on June 26, 1952. The two side altars were constructed after 1954 by Fr Alexis P. D’Souza.
St Francis Ward of Paladka parish was added to Niddodi on October 1, 1956 by the decree from Bishop Basil Peres. Fr Norbert Lobo built the new church in 1985. The entrace arch was built by Fr Joswey Fernandes.
The school built by Fr G. Rebello was extended by Fr W.S. Rebello.