CHURCH OF ST JOACHIM
Kadaba P.O. - 574 221
Puttur Taluk, D.K. District
TELEPHONE : 66 0073
LOCATION: This church is situated in the eastern most corner of the district at a distance of 82 kms from Mangalore and 43 kms from Puttur, and is surrounded by Panja, Kokkada and Uppinangady parishes.
PARISH PRIEST: Rev. Fr Alexander Lewis
CATHOLIC POPULATION: Total : 348 Male : 168 Female : 180
CATHOLIC FAMILIES: 60
PARISH WARDS: 3
Originally this was a part of Kokkada parish. It was separated in 1923. Fr R.D. Sequeira of Kokkada built a chapel here. Fr Lawrence Lobo who was the first resident Missionary here, built the presbytery and an orphanage in 1924. Kadaba became a parish on April 1, 1924. Fr Basil Salvadore D’Souza, later the Bishop of Mangalore, built the existing church and the Boys’ Orphanage in 1957 which was later closesd down. Fr Fredrick P.S. Moniz built the Grotto and belfry. Fr Lawrence Lobo began the school and Fr C.P. D’Souza rebuilt the school.