Everton inch closer to take over by American investors

Liverpool, Feb 9 (IANS) English Premier League outfit Everton are inching closer to a £200m takeover after the club’s management conducted meetings with an American consortium.

Former San Diego Padres (American baseball franchisee) owner John Jay Moores leads the group with Charles Noell. They have been in talks with Everton owner Bill Kenwright for the last few months.

Moores and Noell were previously interested in investing in Swansea. The duo then spent spent six weeks taking a close look at Everton’s accounts.

Former Everton midfielder Peter Reid said the club needs higher revenues, a new stadium and added if Kenwright is willing to sell the club then it should be done.

“We’ve got a great squad of players and a good manager, but we need to get a new stadium to keep pace with the other clubs in this Premier League,” he was quoted as saying by the BBC on Monday.

“You need the revenue that generates. If Bill Kenwright says it’s ok, let’s get it done.”

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here