Mangaluru: The mother and daughter bond influences our lives in ways we may not even realize. It is said that the relationship between a woman and her mother is so powerful, it affects everything from her health and self-esteem to all her other relationships. The mother-daughter relationship is the most powerful bond in the world, for better or for worse. It sets the stage for all other relationships. No other childhood experience is as compelling as a young girl’s relationship with her mother. Each of us takes in at a cellular level how our mother feels about being female, what she believes about her body, how she takes care of her health, and what she believes is possible in life.”
Anita and Amanda Frank (I st Place Winner – 2015)
How a woman sees herself, how she is in her adult relationships with partners, and how she mothers her own children, is profoundly influenced by her relationship with her own mother. For most, the mother-daughter relationship is ultimately fulfilling. Despite conflicts and complicated emotions, 80 to 90 per cent of women at midlife reported a good relationship with their mother. There is value in the mother-daughter tie because the two parties care for one another and share a strong investment in the family as a whole.
Mother-daughter relationships are complex and diverse. Some mothers and daughters are best friends. Others talk once a week. Some see each other weekly; others live in different states or countries. Some spar regularly. Some avoid conflict. Others talk through everything. And undoubtedly, there’s a hint of all these things in most relationships. Mother’s Day will be approaching soon, 8 May 2016, and the most unique part of Mother’s Day celebrations is that it can be celebrated in extraordinarily simple ways.
Diana and Riyona Risha D’Silva (II nd Place Winner – 2015)
Offering a customized card, flower baskets, a cute gift hamper or something for keepsakes’ on this day takes on a special meaning for all moms. So, a visit to some exotic place, a spa experience or a party with her friends and contemporaries look just like the perfect idea to indulge her. But here at Mangalorean.com we came up with an unique idea of holding a ‘Mother/Daughter Look-Alike Contest 2016’, so that mothers and daughters could share their resemblance between them.
Vijetha and Trisha S Rai (III rd Place Winner – 2015)
Mother/Daughter Look-Alike Contest for this Mother’s Day will run from April 6 to April 30, 2016.
How to submit your photo:
Please read the following rules and regulations:
– Include your name, phone number, email and home address along with your photo.
– Entries will be accepted by email or you can send your photo by postal service to our address below
– Photos of the contestants should have been taken between Jan 2015-April 2016
Mangalorean.com Mother/Daughter Look-Alike photo contest guidelines, rules and regulations:
– Entries will not be accepted after the posted deadline above.(30 April 2016)
– Must submit a clear soft-copy of the photo by email or hard-copy of photo by post.
– We cannot return your photo. It is recommended not to send the original copy.
– Entries must include the mother and daughter’s name, address, email, and phone number.
– Entries are also welcomed from abroad- but winners can designate someone to collect the prizes
– Brief description/story of the photo is also welcomed, but not compulsory.
– Duplicate entries will not be accepted and will not increase your chance of winning.
– Three winners ( First, second and Third) will win fabulous prizes
– Winners will be announced on the May 5, 2016
– The place of Prize distribution will be informed to the winners by email or phone
Send in your entries by email to : email@example.com; or by post to:
Mangalore Media Company
Mother/Daughter Look-Alike Photo Contest
Opp Milagres Church, 1st Floor Milagres Mansion
For more details you can contact : Alfie D’Souza at 8746841856 or Mangalorean.com office at 0824-4252851
Note : As part of Mother’s Day special, mangalorean.com welcomes articles from Mothers and Daughters which will be incorporated in our website on Mother’s Day,8 May 2016 -Daughters share your special relationship with your mother by sending a short story and celebrate the Mother’s Day with mangalorean.com -Mothers also can send stories about their relationship with their daughters. Deadline for submission of articles is May 5, 2016.