Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Take extra care of your hair this season. Use easy home made hair masks made out of coconut and cream for dry hair or banana crème mask, which is good for damaged and weak hair, says an expert.
Aashmeen Munjaal, owner of the capital-based Star Salon n’ Spa, has shared tips to make homemade hair masks to fight hairfall.
* Coconut and cream mask: This mask is best suited for dry and frizzy hair. Its moisturizing elements make our hair soft and shiny. It also makes your hair bouncy. It can be easily prepared at home.
* Coconut oil.
* Olive oil.
Mix both the ingredients and apply it gently from root to tip of your hair. After applying, keep your hair covered with a shower cap. Leave it on for more than an hour. Then, rinse it off with a mild herbal shampoo and conditioner. This mask will not only make your hair soft and shiny but will also provide nourishment to your dull hair.
* Banana Crème Mask: This hair mask will revitalise your damaged and weak hair. Banana is a natural ingredient which makes our hair strong by preventing damaged roots. It provides strength to weak roots and allows it to grow strong. Presence of iron and vitamin provides required nourishment to your hair.
* One banana
* One tablespoon honey.
Blend one over ripe banana in mixer grinder. Then add one table spoon of honey to it. Then apply it on your hair, especially on the roots. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. This mask can be refrigerated for future use.
* Oatmeal Hair Mask: This hair mask is best suited for those who suffer from oily scalp, dandruff, irritation and inflammation. It nourishes oily scalp by eliminating excessive oil.
It results in hair growth by treating dandruff and protecting the hair follicles.
* One tablespoon oatmeal.
* One tablespoon fresh milk.
* One table spoon Almond Oil.
Mix the entire above mentioned ingredient and make a paste. Please ensure that your hair is free from tangles before applying this pack. Apply this pack gently on your hair. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. For better result, lemon juice diluted in water can be used for rinsing off this mask.
* Hibiscus Hair Mask: If you are suffering from weak roots and porous hair then Hibiscus pack can be an ideal remedy. Its essential elements strengthen weak roots and treats clogged pores by stimulating blood circulation to scalp. It encourages hair growth by supplying essential nutrients to follicles.
* Six to seven hibiscus petals.
* one fourth cup of olive oil (extra virgin).
* Two table spoon of raw milk.
Soak hibiscus petals overnight. Then blend it with olive oil and raw milk. Apply this pack gently on your hair. Keep this hair mask for 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.