Fire breaks out in coconut coir unit at Bennekudru

Udupi: A coconut coir unit was gutted in a major fire that broke out in the afternoon at Bennekudru near Barkur here on March 29.

fire- coconut- coir- unit-29032016-01 fire- coconut- coir- unit-29032016-02

The fire was noticed in the afternoon around 3:00 pm in a coconut coir unit which is located near Bennekudru temple. It is suspected that a short circuit might have caused the fire.

The fire tenders from Malpe, Kundapur and Udupi rushed to the spot and took over three hours to douse the fire. Around 50 quintals of coconut coir, coir processing unit and machines were gutted in the fire. The warehouse and other electronic equipments inside the building were completely damaged in the fire.

A loss of around Rs 3 lakh has been estimated.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here