Fire Breaks Out Near Ragavendra Math, Major Disaster Averted

Mangaluru: A fire was reported at a house in KG road near Ragavendra Math here, on March 10.

The house belonged to Raghuvir who had given an adjoining room on rent to Bheemal (32), who works at a jeweler shop in Car Street. When the fire broke out in the rented room, Bheemal had been to work and his wife had been to school to pick their child.

01-20160310-fire-ragavendra math 02-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-001 03-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-002 04-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-003 05-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-004 06-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-005 07-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-006 08-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-007 09-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-008 10-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-009 11-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-010 12-20160310-fire-ragavendra math-011

When the locals saw thick smoke from the house, they immediately rushed to the spot and called the fire service. One of the local, Dev said, “When I saw smoke coming out of the room, I quickly entered it and threw the LPG cylinders out and later called the fire service.”

Station In-charge of the Pandeshwar Fire Station, Ganganaik said, “We received a distress call at 12.02 PM and we rushed to the spot within 3 minutes and doused the fire. We suspect short circuit to be the reason for the fire.”

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here