Fire breaks out in Parliament Annexe building 

New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) A fire broke out on the second floor of Parliament Annexe building here on Sunday, officials said.

five fire engines brought the fire under control. People working in the building were evacuated immediately after the fire was noticed, a police official told IANS.

No casualty was reported, the official said, adding that the fire has now been brought under control.

The blaze, which was reportedly caused by electrical short-circuiting in an air-conditioner, filled the first and second floors of the building with smoke.

When the fire broke out, the Janata Dal-United was holding a meeting in a part of the building.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here