Food Poisoning – 14 ‘Head’ for Hospital after Eating Fish Curry

Puttur: The brown spotted reef cod (Epinephelus chlorostigma), popularly called hamour, is found in 11 kinds in the Gulf countries. It is popular in this part of the country as well.

Locally it is called ‘muru’ or ‘amuru’. Delicacies are prepared from its head also. Two families from Kootelu near Uppinangady purchased this fish from the market and prepared ‘head’ curry on Sunday.

Soon after consuming the dishes, ten members from two houses developed symptoms of vomitting and diarrhoea, itching of the skin, breathing problem and speech difficulties and the like.

They were taken to a hospital and were treated. Four others from another house also suffered similar problems and were hospitalized.

There is a suspicion around that the cut fish in the market may have been treated with some chemical as a preservative to prevent it from rotting.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here