France attack: Rihanna, ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ cast safe

France attack: Rihanna, ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ cast safe 

Paris, July 15 (IANS) Singer Rihanna, who was slated to perform in Nice, France, and the cast and crew of the forthcoming film “Fifty Shades Darker” who were shooting there, are safe in the French Riviera where at least 84 people were killed and over 150 injured in an attack. Many Hollywood celebrities like Kris Jenner, Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer and Josh Gad have mourned the death of people in the terror attack.

rihanna-20160622

The attack took place on Bastille Day on Thursday night when a terrorist ploughed with his truck through a crowd of thousands who were enjoying the celebrations in the French city.

Rihanna, who was in Nice during the time of the attack, was set to perform at the Allianz Stadium on Friday night as part of her Anti World Tour. However, her performance got cancelled later, reports variety.com.

Her representative confirmed that “she’s safe”.

Meanwhile, “Fifty Shades Darker”, starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, had been under production in the French Riviera for the past few weeks.

It’s not known if the film’s production will be suspended this weekend. However, sources say the makers shot scenes on Thursday in the region but wrapped up production before the attack in the night.

After hearing about the attack, many celebrities took to social networking sites like Twitter and Instagram to strongly condemn it.

Songstress Miley Cyrus shared: “Sending love to Nice and especially to those who lost a loved one today. We must keep up the fight for a more peaceful, understanding world without this senseless violence.”

Reality TV star Kris Jenner said: “We must continue to spread love in the face of hate. Pray for Nice.”

Singer Blake Shelton was appalled by the news and said: “Sickening to see what has happened in France. This was with a truck. This new normal is unacceptable. Time for some hard decisions.”

“Enough,” commented Amy Schumer as she prayed for Nice.

Among others who expressed grief were Ariel Winter, Josh Gad, Shawn Mendes, Simon Cowell, Rachel Zoe, Justin Long and Boy George.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here