Gas leak blast kills four of family in Uttar Pradesh

Lucknow, June 30 (IANS) Four people were killed and as many others seriously injured early Tuesday in an explosion triggered by leakage of cooking gas in Mau district, police said.

A leak from an LPG cylinder in the house of Krishna Jaiswal at Majhwara Mod in Ghosi town went unoticed.

A trader hailing from Deoria, Krishna woke up early morning and lit a matchstick to light up a mosquito repellant coil.

It triggered a fire in the house. Before the family could get out, a loud explosion led to the death of four and serious burn injuries to four others.

Those killed included Krishna, his sons Kuber, 8, and Anand, 6, and daughter Diksha, 2.

His wife Shakuntala, 40, daughter Mohini, sister-in-law Ankita, 23, and a relative’s daughter Muskan, 10, were injured.

The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital, where the condition of two was said to be critical.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here