New Delhi: Delivering his Second Independence speech from Red Fort in New Delhi, PM Modi gave a call for the unity of the nation.
Taking head-on the divisive forces, he said, “Poison of casteism and passion of communalism have no place in India, we have to defeat these through development.”
“Simplicity and unity are India’s strength, it should never be tainted or hurt,” he added.
Here are the key points of his speech:
* Poison of casteism and passion of communalism have no place in India, we have to defeat these through development
* If the unity of India is destroyed, then the dreams of the people will also be destroyed.
* Rs 20,000 crore were deposited in 17 crore Jandhan bank accounts, says PM in Independence Day address.
* All our programmes and institutions should be helpful to the poor; have to empower them through financial inclusion
* Rs 20,000 crore were deposited in 17 crore Jandhan bank accounts
* People from all walks of life, spiritual leaders, media friends, celebrities, everyone has worked to create awareness
* Who has given maximum strength to Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan? It is the children of India
* The biggest brand ambassadors of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan are the 5-10 year olds, who have taken part in this campaign enthusiastically
* We have been very successful in our campaign to make toilets,especially for girls in schools across India
* We introduced Shrameva Jayate Yojana. It is an effort to chage the way we look at the workers of India
* Dignity of labour has to be our national duty, it has to be a part of our nature
* Almost 4.25 lakh toilets were built in 2.62 schools nationwide in one year; this gives self-confidence that we can do what we want
* India can be free of corruption; need lots of measures; have to start from top
* Even those people who are corrupt tend to give advice to others on how to deal with corruption
* Some people like to remain in ‘Nirasha’. And they are not satisfied till they have spoken about it to other people
* All govts make programmes but what matters is implementation
* Today I proudly say that the ‘give it up’ campaign for gas subsidy has been successful, 20 lakh people have given subsidy up
* Timely auctions of coal, radio, spectrum have helped in eradication of corruption.
* There’s no allegation of corruption against the government you voted to power
* In 15 months, there is no allegation of corruption against my govt; I am determined to end the termite of corruption
*Corruption had become part of the system; contractors were running the nation; we have taken steps to correct the system
* Rs 6,500 crores disclosed under compliance window of black money & foreign assets law.
* Coal block auction has been undertaken by the govt, national exchequer will get Rs 3 lakh crore
* PM Modi’s new slogan: ‘Start-up India’, ‘Stand up India’
* PM Modi announces special scheme for miners and their areas; Rs 6000 crore to be spent on it every year
* The need for interview for small jobs should be ended immediately; says corruption takes place because of interviews
* In-principle this govt has accepted ‘One-rank, One-pension’; we will have good news on the basis of talks are going
* ‘One-Rank, One-Pension’ is a long-pending issue, discussions are underway and in last stages
* PM Modi concludes his I-Day speech: We have to ensure a prosperous India by 2022
Financial inclusion will ensure development: Modi
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the government is focused on financial inclusion of the poorest sections to ensure that the “base” of the pyramid of development is firm.
The prime minister in his Independence Day speech from the ramparts of the Red Fort here said the government has announced schemes to ensure social security.
“There is a school of thought that financial inclusion is not always good… but if we look at the pyramid of development in the country, the base is the broadest. If that is strong, the pyramid will be strong,” Modi said.
He said the poor form this base, and to make it strong financial inclusion is needed.
“When the purchasing power of the last person in the line will increase, economy will grow,” he said.
The prime minister then mentioned the Atal Pension Yojna (APY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) as tools of providing social security.
Keen to club 44 labour laws into four codes: PM
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said that government was working towards clubbing 44 labour laws into four codes to simplify them for the people.
In his Independence Day speech from the ramparts of the Red Fort, the prime minister said multiplicity of laws was not good for good governance.
“The law should be clear, to the point. There are 44 labour laws. We have brought a change. We have given strength to the scheme to classify them into four codes,” he said.
We have built separate toilets for schoolchildren: Modi
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday that the country has been successful in constructing separate toilets for boys and girls in schools across the country.
“Last Independence Day I had decided to make separate toilets for boys and girls in all the schools of the country,” he said in his Independence Day speech from the Red Fort here.
Despite having to construct 425,000 toilets in 262,000 schools in the country within the span of a year, the country has successfully done it, he said.