Udupi: A Second year Chemical Engineering Student from Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal died after suffering serious burn injuries in the hostel bathroom late night on March 16.
The deceased has been identified as Neham Agarwal from Haryana, he was a second year Chemical Engineering Student from Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal.
According to Dr G K Prabhu Director, Manipal Institute of Technology, Neham Agrawal(Registration No. 140903254), who was a second year Chemical Engineering Student, had sustained severe burn injuries, while he was having bath. As soon as the incident took place he was rushed to the hospital by the hostel staff along with the students. He was admitted in Kasturba Hospital for treatment. His condition was said to be critical.
Neham’s parents were informed by the college authority and the parents reached Manipal on March 17. Neham succumbed to injuries in the hospital on March 17 at 2:30 PM.
The forensic team and the Manipal police were also informed and reached the spot for investigation.
The cause of the incident will be known once the post-mortem report will be out, said Dr G K Prabhu.
Speaking to Mangalorean.com SP Annamalai said that the investigation is on and once the post-mortem report will be out we will come to know the exact cause of death. While investigating the spot the police have recovered a kerosene bottle from the bathroom.
The case is under investigation by Manipal Police.