Hassan: Bear in Search of Food Gets Electrocuted near Arsikere, Dies

Hassan: A bear that had strayed from the forest into the human territory in Nagavedi village of Arsikere taluk in the district met a tragic end on Thursday morning.

It came looking for food in the early morning hours into a land belonging to Madappa in the village. To its back luck, a live, high-tension power line had snapped and fallen across.

Bears are known for their poor eyesight. The animal tried to bite the cable and got electrocuted. It is said to have died on the spot.

Deputy conservator of forests Ganesh Bhat and other personnel arrived and inspected the mishap. Dr Sudha from J C Pura conducted the post-mortem examination as required under the wildlife laws.

The carcass was interred in the same land.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here