Home remedies for gorgeous hair in monsoon
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Swear by castor and coconut oils, avoid hot hair tools and use less conditioner to have healthy hair this monsoon, says an expert.
Saran V J, Founder, Max Hair Studio, shares how:
* Oil your hair: In a season where your scalp gets dry, using the good old method of applying coconut oil overnight and also combing to spread the oil evenly is a good solution to keep it moisturised. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of castor oil with coconut oil and heat it. Apply on the scalp for better hair texture and growth.
* To avoid dandruff: Never tie your hair too tight or use equipment like hair dryers to dry hair this season. Also, avoid hair iron as the heat may cause your hair to get brittle. Take two tablespoons of coconut oil, add the juice of two lemons and juice of one orange and cover head with a towel after applying it. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
* Don’t use too much of conditioner and heavy chemicals: You needn’t use conditioners after every time you shampoo your hair during monsoon. This is the time your hair is more sensitive than usual and can cause more hair fall. Chemicals used while colouring your hair can make it dry and is very unhealthy. Never comb wet hair, also use a wooden comb instead of a plastic comb.
* Eat healthy: Eating healthy is important to keep your hair follicles strong. Having a protein and iron rich diet is recommended during monsoon. Eat eggs, curd, fish, and carrots, nuts and green leafy vegetables. Curd is going to help you prevent hair fall.
* Water: Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. It is not just good for your skin but is good even for your hair.
* Sleep: Sleeping for six to seven hours helps to strengthen the hair follicles as lack of sleep causes stress, and stress is one of the main causes of hair fall.