Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed
Born in Bangalore on April 10th 1954, Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed hails from a Saints family and hence it is no surprise that he holds the religious values he has learnt as a child, very close to his heart. However, his quest for knowledge has led him to have a very deep reverence for education and this is perhaps what has earned him his present place in society today. He became a Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry, University of Mysore, at the tender age of 20 years, after which Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed has held a number of prestigious posts in his academic career. He is at the moment the esteemed Vice Chancellor of the famed Yenopoya University.
Dr. Akheel Ahmed is the son of Syed Takhi and Noorunnisa Begum and is married to Ayesha Nasreen. They have three sons – the eldest is pursuing his Masters Degree in Management at European Institutes of repute after being selected to the prestigious ‘Erasmus Mundus’ programme of Europe. He is the only one to be selected from India. The second son is doing his graduation in Basic Science and has maintained his record of getting distinction. The third son is pursuing his Engineering course in P.A. College of Engineering, Mangalore.
Remembering his grandmother, Mrs. Saleha Banu, Dr. Ahmed says that it was she who inspired him to learn mathematics. She used the ladies finger’s crowns to explain the concept of addition and substraction. He is extremely proud of the fact that his grand mother was the first lady in their village near Mysore to complete her education; later she served as a teacher. Though Mrs. Saleha Banu hails from a khazi’s family, she sent her eldest daughter, Prof. Syed Akheel Ahmed’s mother, to study science which was then, only available at Bangalore. Late Noorunnisa Begum was one among the four muslim women to complete her double graduation from Mysore University. She served many posts like Vice Principal of Maharanis Teachers Training College, Mysore and as Headmistress of Girls High School, Hassan. A recipient of many honours and awards she has also authored nine books; among these “Aau Bachcho Din Seekhein” is popular throughout India. She is the founder President of All Muslim Women Association, called “Bazm-e’-Batool” (the only Muslim women’s organization in South India), that aims empowering Muslim women through education.
An unforgettable incident
Prof. Syed Akheel Ahmed lost his father when he was four years old. He clinged to his mother and went to school at the age of about six years. When his grant maternal uncle took him to the school, the Headmaster of Nizamia Primary School told him to get him admitted to 2nd Standard. The academic year was midway. Few days later, his teacher wrote a question on the black board and Mr. Syed said to the teacher, “The question you have written on the board is wrong”. The next day the teacher promoted him to the 3rd std. He has faint memory of the teacher but always remember him in reverence the wisdom of the teacher.
The college days to Mr. Ahmed has been always quite memorable. He is the youngest to complete NCC ‘C’ certificate at the age of 15 years from the then 20 Mysore BN and during May 1969 he was selected for Advance Leadership course held at Manali, Himachal Pradesh, at the age of 16 years. He also served as Seargant and Under Officer and as Secretary, Urdu Association at Govt. College, Hassan. He also served in different capacities as a postgraduate student at University of Mysore. Notably, as President of ‘Mehfil’ – a literary organization, Vice-President Chemcial Society, University of Mysore and as a Member of Student’s Cultural Association, Manasagangothri campus.
Achievements after joining Yenepoya University
During his first 6 months as a Vice Chancellor, Dr. Ahmed made it his duty to first meet his staff and inspired them to change their mind set by thinking afresh. As a result, he was able to convince them that knowledge is the ultimate weapon with which one can rule the world. Medical professionals who were never bothered to pursue their PhD program are now showing exemplary enthusiasm in taking up doctoral studies, says Dr. Ahmed. The Yenepoya Research Centre has become a hub of research activities, motivating and inspiring youngsters to pursue quality education and to attain excellence of international standard through quality education and need-based research. Not surprisingly, 54 candidates have applied for Ph.D programs in different disciplines. Despite being a Vice Chancellor, Dr. Ahmed actively participates in research activities to inspire the staff and the students. He says he has a project worth 46.00 lakhs, sanctioned by the Ministry of Environment and Forest to develop “Clean technologies for waste minimization from nutraceutical industries”. The University is rightfully proud of this ongoing project.
In India, 100 million people are aged between the ages of 18 – 24 out of which only 10% have access to higher education. Only one million are employable. His aim is to transform competent youth, to national and international level and to provide quality education for them. To empower all marginalized sections of the society, especially women through education, is his top priority. To motivate and inspire teachers to become as role models of the society. In our society, teachers play an important role in a student’s life. He says they have to perform their duties professionally by inspiring the students, invoking moral values and enhance their civility by enhancing concern towards the society.
Achievements and Accomplishments at a glance
Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed joined the faculty of University of Mysore as Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry in 1974; was selected as Reader in Analytical Chemistry in 1986 and as Professor of Chemistry in 1994. He served as Chairman, Department of Chemistry, University of Mysore, for a period of two-years during January 1999 to December 2000.
Served as Director, University – Industry Interaction Centre, during 1999-2004; Chairman, Board of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, during 2001-2004 and Chairman, Board of Studies in Polymer Science, University of Mysore, during 1999-2003.
Held many positions in France: as Post-doctoral fellow during 1981-82 at University of Paris and as Assistant Professor during 1982-83 and Associate Professor during 1983-84 at University of Grenoble, France. He was designated “Foreign Collaborator” by Atomic Energy Commission of France for the year 1984-85.
Has been conferred with several awards and honours including the Young Scientist Award for Chemical Sciences, 1989 and Prof H. Sanke Gowda, Research Award for Analytical Chemistry in 1992-93. He received US $ 500 as honorarium award from Pergamon Press, Great Britain for his review article entitled “ Polyaniline – A novel Polymeric Material” published in International Journal ‘Talanta’. He is recipient of Republic Day Award for excellence in the field of Analytical Chemistry, January 26, 1998, awarded by ISAS, BARC, Mumbai. He also received Appreciation Award 2001-2002, awarded by Chromatography Society of India, Mumbai.
Has to his credit about 100 research publications in International and National Journals of repute with about 800 citations in Journals and Books, which include over thirty citations from the Noble laureate, for Chemistry 2000 Prof. Alan G. MacDiarmid.
Over twenty five Research Scholars and one Post-doctoral fellow are associated with Prof. Syed for their Doctoral Program and sixteen of them have been awarded Ph.D. Degree. He has authored a chapter in an advanced research book, a book published by I.K. International and two books are under preparation.
Dr. Syed has carried out extensive research work on Conducting Polymers, Nutraceuticals and Green Analytical Chemistry. Has wide range of research interests; which include Analytical Studies on tricyclic drugs, nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals. Validation; stability studies; and development of new materials and methodologies for chromatographic techniques, he has also interest in the field of clinical pathology.
His interest in the field of Environmental Science and Technology include the study of impact of degradation of high-tech materials on Environment, Environmental Management, studies on recovery of metals from secondary sources and development of green analytical methods for certain environmental toxicants.
Dr. Syed is a Fellow for Society for Advancement of Electrochemical Science and Technology, Institution of Chemists and Indian Chemical Society. He holds life membership for over a-dozen prestigious scientific forums: Material Research Society of India, Indo-French Technical Association, to mention a few.
He has widely traveled in India and abroad. He has delivered about three dozens plenary and invited lectures in National and International conferences and symposia. Besides, he has delivered a number of Lectures on general topics. He is an active Social Worker and holds trusteeship and executive membership for a number of Civic Organizations.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Recipient of Fellowship, Institute National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), Paris, France, 1981-82.
- Nominated by Rectorat de l’Academic de Grenoble, France as “Assistant Associeé”, 1982-83 and “Maitre Assistant Associeé”, 1983-84.
- Designated by Atomic Energy Commission, France as Foreign Collaborator, 1984-85.
- Honorarium of US $ 500 for the Review Article entitled “Polyaniline – A Novel Polymeric Material” in Talanta, 1991, Pergamon Press, Great Britain
- Awardee -The YMSA 1989 Young Scientist Award for Chemical Sciences, awarded by MAAS, Aligarh, India.
- Awardee – Prof. H. Sanke Gowda Research Award for Analytical Chemistry, 1992-93, awarded by University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Awardee – Republic Day Award for excellence in the field of Analytical Chemistry, January 26, 1998, awarded by ISAS, BARC, Mumbai.
- Awardee – Appreciation Award 2001-2002, awarded by Chromatography Society of India, Mumbai.
- Plenary speaker, National Symposium on Electrochemistry, Energy and Industry, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, April 4-6, 1987.
- Invited Speaker, All India Workshop on Micro- and Semi-micro Methods of Chemical and Instrumental Analysis, University of Madras, Madras, May 14-27, 1987.
- Plenary Speaker, National Symposium on Electrochemicals, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, July 24-27, 1987.
- Invited Participant, Solid-State Physics Symposium, Bhaba Atomic Research Centre, Bombay, December 27-31, 1987.
- Invited Speaker, International Seminar on Instrumental Methods of Electroanalytical Techniques, Mysore, November 26-28, 1987.
- Invited Speaker, All India Workshop on Micro and Chemical Techniques and their Instrumental Applications, Dr.H.S.Gour Vishwa Vidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, March 2-29, 1988.
- Recipient of Travel Fellowship, INSA, COSTED, International Seminar on Solid-state Ionic Devices, University of Singapore, Singapore, July 18-23, 1988.
- Plenary Speaker and Session Chairman, National Symposium on Electrochemical Techniques and Instrumentation, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, December 1-2, 1988.
- Invited Speaker, International Seminar on Analytical Techniques in Monitoring the Environment, Tirupathi, January, 10-12, 1989.
- Invited Speaker, All India Workshop cum Training Course on Advanced Electrochemistry, Dr.H.S.Gour Vishwa Vidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, November 26-30, 1989.
- Recipient of Travel Fellowship, IUPAC International Symposium on Speciality Polymers, University of Singapore, Singapore, November 7-9, 1990.
- Invited Speaker, Bells Control Ltd., Mysore, December 6-8, 1990.
- Leading article – Anion Exchange Studies on Electrically Conducting Polymers: Polyanilines in “Reactive Polymers”, Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam, May 1992.
- Invited Speaker, National Workshop on Chemical Sensors, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, and November 16-18, 1992.
- Invited Speaker, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, January 24, 1994.
- Plenary Lecture, National Seminar on Recent Advances in Polymers, University of Indore, Indore, February 6-7, 1995.
- Invited Lecture, Indo-French Workshop on Electronic Conducting Polymers, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, India, March 20-22, 1995.
- Invited Lecture, National Symposium on Polymers, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, February 26-27, 1996.
- Invited Lecture, National Seminar on Recent Advances in Physico-chemical aspects of Fibres and Polymers, University of Bombay, February 28-29, 1996.
- Invited Lecture, National Seminar on Modern Trends in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Pt: Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (M.P), November 3-5, 1997.
- Invited Lecture, National Workshop on Microanalytical Techniques, Kuvempu University, Shimoga (Karnataka), February, 10-13, 1998.
- Invited Lecture, National Seminar on Environmental Pollution – Causes and Remedies, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, October 8-9, 1998.
- Invited Lecture, National Symposium on Chemistry, Industries and Environment, Motilal Vigyan Maha Vidyalaya, Bhopal, February 26-28, 1999.
- Invited Lecture, Recent Advances in Chemical, Electrochemical and Nuclear Energy Systems, PES Engineering College, Mandya, Karnataka, October, 21-31, 1999.
- Invited Lecture, XIX Conference of Indian Council of Chemists, Kuvempu University, Karnataka, November, 25-26, 2000.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Second International Seminar on Analytical Technique in Monitoring the Environment, Tirupathi, India, December 18-20, 2000 and delivered an invited lecture.
- S.S. Koppalkar Memorial Lecture, Dr. A.V. Baliga College of Arts and Science, Kumta, January 12, 2001.
- Keynote address, X Annual Convention, Chem. Forum, P.C. Jabin Science College, Hubli, January 21, 2001.
- S.M.N. Kutti Endowment Lecture, P.S.M.O. College, Tiruvangadi, Kerala, January 25, 2001.
- Invited Lecture, Current Status of Science in Higher Education, University of Mysore, Karnataka, November 21, 2001.
- Invited Lecture, Seminar on Empowerment of women with reference to minorities, Karnataka State Commission for Women, Bangalore and Al-Ameen Education Society, Bangalore, February 7, 2002.
- Invited Lecture, Seminar on Frontier areas in chemistry, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, Kuvempu University, Karnataka, March 3, 2002.
- Visiting Scientist, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, January-February, 2003.
- Invited Lecture, Training Programme in “Recent trends in material science and mathmetical modelling, S.J.College of Engineering, Mysore July 30, 2003.
- Invited Lecture and Chairman of the Session, Convention of Indian Society for Technical Education, Students Chapter, Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere. April 16-17, 2004.
- Inaugural Address, World Environment Day, SJ College of Engineering, Mysore June 5, 2004.
- Invited Talk, Two day workshop on Solid Waste Management in Urban Areas, Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere. June 11-12, 2004.
- Invited Talk, UGC Workshop on Chemistry Syllabus for B.Sc. Degree Semester Scheme, Maharani’s Science College for Women, Mysore, July 15-17, 2004.
- Invited Lecture, Orientation Course for the Preuniversity Lecturers, Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Mysore, July 22, 2004.
- Inaugural address, UGC State Level Seminar on Modern Techniques in Analytical Chemistry, Shri Dharmastala Manjunatheswara College, Ujire, July 29-30, 2004.
- Invited Lecture, National Conference on Advances in Water and Wastewater Treatment, University B.D.T. College of Engineering, Davangere, January 7-8, 2005.
- Invited Lecture, 3rd National Conference Polymers – Macro’05, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, April 15-16, 2005.
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Amravathi University, Maharastra, September 10-16, 2005.
- Invited Lecture, National Level Students Symposium on Emerging Area of Chemical Engineering and Bio technology, BIOCHEMEXCEL – 2005, Bapuji
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere, November 24-25, 2005.
- Keynote Address. One day state level seminar in Revival of Conventional Courses, Abbas Khan college for Women Bangalore University, February 11, 2006.
- Invited Lecture, Industrial Applications of Chemistry, Amruta Mahavidyalaya managed by Mata Amrutanandamayi Math, College of Science and Business Management affiliated to the University of Mysore. Mysore, March 7, 2006.
- Invited Lecture, Chromatography, Department of Chemical Engineering, Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere. March 31 and April 1 2006
- Invited Lecture, Regional seminar on “Environmental pollution with special reference to pesticide pollution” Department of Chemistry, Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha College of Arts and Science, Vijayawada July 28-29, 2006.
- Invited Lecture, Analytical Chemistry in 21st century prospects and challenges Chemistry Teachers forum Tumkur University, Tumkur, September 23, 2006.
- Invited Lecture, Separation Science / Environmental Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, S.G.B. Amravathi University , Amravathi, November 15-16, 2006.
- Invited Lecture, National Symposium on the role of Analytical instruments in characterization and Quantification of materials; Department of Atomic Energy Bangalore, January 27-28, 2007
- Invited Lecture, Student Participation in Quality Assurance, B.M.S. College for Women Bangalore. April 23-24, 2007
- Invited Memorial Lecture, National Symposium on Electrochemical Science and Technology, The Electrochemical Society of India, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. July 20-21, 2007.
- Invited Lecture, Engineering the Benign Laboratories, International Conference on “Frontiers in Chemical Research” (ICFCR – 2008), Mangalore University, December 31, 2008.
- Key note address, Green Analytical Chemistry – An Emerging Discipline, National Level Seminar on Modern Methods in Chemistry, St. Aloysius College, January 20, 2009.
- The only Professor in the University of Mysore to be recognized as research guide in three disciplines, viz., Chemistry, Polymer Science and Environmental Science.
- Fellow, Society for Advancement of Electrochemical Science and Technology.
- Fellow, Institution of Chemists.
- Fellow, Indian Chemical Society.
- Life Member, Material Research Society of India.
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association.
- Life Member, Forum for Advancement of Science of Human Development.
- Life Member, Indo-French Technical Association.
- Life Member, Indian Thermal Analysis Society.
- Life Member, The Electrochemical Society of India.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Solid State Chemists and Allied Scientists.
- Life Member, Indian Society of Analytical Scientists.
- Life Member, Indian Council of Chemists.
- Life Member, Society of Polymer Science India.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Chemistry Teachers
MEMBERSHIP – NATIONAL BODIES:
- Member – Scientific Advisory Committee, National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore. (July, 2008)
- Member – Governing Council and Governing Board of UGC-DAE -Consortium for Scientific Research, UGC, New Delhi. (August, 2008)
- Member – Academic Council, Central University of Pondicherry (2008-2011)
- Member – Expert Committee, Cochin University (November, 2008)
- Member – Expert Committee, – UGC XI plan (2007-12) of Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad, U.P. (September, .2008)
- UGC nominee – Advisory Committee and Planning Development & Monitoring Board Meenakshi University ( Deemed University), Chennai. (January, 2009)
Chairman – Project Review Committee, Ministry of Forest & Environment ( 2008-2009 )
- Member – Vision Document and Prospective Scheme for the Welfare of Minorities in Karnataka. (2008-09)
MEMBERSHIP IN ACADEMIC BODIES
- Subject Expert: Evaluation for Research Associates, July 1998, New Delhi.
- Member: Expert Committee to Evaluate Minor Research Projects, June 2003, Bangalore.
- Observer: UGC test for JRF and Lecturership, September 2004, Bharatiar University.
- Observer: UGC test for JRF and Lecturership, December 2004, Karnataka University.
- Member: Editorial Board, Chemical and Environmental Research (Journal).
- Chairman: Board of Examiners – Polymer Science – University of Mysore (1998-2001).
Invited Expert: To adjudicate Ph.D. thesis of
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Cochin University
- H.S. Gour University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Jabalpur University
- Kerala University
- Karnataka University
- Madras University
- Nagpur University
- Osmania University
- Shri Krishnadevaraya University
- Shri Venkateshwara University
- Over 30 Ph.D thesis have been evaluated.
Member: Board of Appointment
- Bangalore University
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai
- Cochin University of Science & Technology
- Kuvempu University
- Mangalore University
- Mysore University
Member: Board of Examiners in
Mysore, Bangalore, Cochin, Gulbarga, Karnataka, Kuvempu, Mangalore and Sri Krishnadevaraya Universities.
Invited Speaker/ Resource person
Refresher course/Orientation program: University of Mysore/ Bangalore/ Cochin/ Gulbarga/ Kerala/ Kuvempu/ Mangalore/ H.S. Gour (Sagar – M.P.) / Goa / Sri Venkateshwara/ Shivaji University. Delivered over 200 lectures
Member: Board of studies in
- Chemistry : University of Mysore (1998-2001) and (2004 – 2007)
- Chemistry : Kuvempu University (1996-99)
- Industrial Chemistry : Kuvempu University
- Chemistry (UG) : Karnataka University (1997-2000)
- Chemistry (PG) : Invited Member (1999)
- Environmental Science: University of Mysore (1995-98, 2001-2004)
- Polymer Science: University of Mysore (1993-99) and (2002-2005)
- Polymer Science and Technology (PG) : University of Mysore (1999-2002)
- Foods and Nutrition : University of Mysore (1992-95)
- Geology : University of Mysore (1995-98) and (2001-2004)
- Statistics : University of Mysore (1996-98)
- Chemistry : Gulbarga University (2001-2004)
- Environmental and Water Management : University of Calicut (2003-06)
Message to the readers
“The 21st century is an era of knowledge driven economy. In a knowledge driven economy, knowledge is used as a promoter, as a product and as a tool. Hence, with a lot of human intellectual and talent capital available in India, we must transform our nation as a knowledge society. This can be achieved by creating knowledge hubs evenly distributed throughout the nation. By doing this, we will be able to transform India into a developed country by 2020. To achieve this, it is desirable that all Indians have to join by forgetting their background, their ideologies and various prejudicial attitudes and work together to make strong and developed India.”
Comment on this article
Cvu k gowda, India:
Congratz sir, pls understand the efforts of tallented students, don’t do as ex chairmans.. Be straight, make KPSC Non corruptive..
SATISH kUMAR, India:
WHAT ELSE KNOWLEDGE REQUIRE FOR A HUMAN BEING IN THE WORLD. EVERYTHING OUR GREAT Dr.SYED AKHEEL AHMED HAD AND WELL KNOWLEDGEBLE PERSONLITY. GREAT GOD BLESS HIM TO BECOME TOP PERSON IN THE WORLD.
I wish success to Prof. always and will never forget his kindness to me.
with best regards
Chandrashekar HB, India:
Sir, I think we are the luckyst peoples among the all…..!
abu darda, India:
have you any training program ?
Dr.M.I.Afthab Begum, India:
I (Dr.M.I.Afthab Begum Professor Department of Mathematics Avinashilingam University Coimbatore) happened to attend your lecture on 28-9-12 at CHRIST University Bangalore which was very impressive. I would like to invite you to our university for a guest lecture for two reasons:
1.I would like to give an opportunity to our students to hear your lecture.
2.We would like to know what the chemists need from mathematicians to improve the research work.
We will be happy if you give a lecture on the topic need of mathematics in chemistry research.If you accept our invitation kindly let me know the possible date after December 2012.My E-mmail id is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Prof Folahan Adekola, Nigeria:
Alhamdulilah. I thank the Almighty Allah for your life and for blessing the humanity with your kind. I came across your profile while I was trying to get information for my inaugural lecture in Analytical chemistry.
Prof Folahan Adekola
University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.
Abdul Majeed, H.G., Saudi Arabia:
In case you wan to contact, My contact details in Saudi Arabia are: firstname.lastname@example.org, ph:966502846370 or 9665607086006
Abdul Majeed, H.G, Saudi Arabia:
Mashallah , Allah has blessed you with so much knowledge and fame. It is indeed a magniciant achievement.
I just googled your name as I was remembering my old classmates. Inshallah we will meet when I come to India.
I was suprised wen u offered chocolates to PG students What a humbleness u hv..Hope u hv hundred years of happy life
You are an ultimate educationalist n very very unique human being.You are the man to explain that “Education is a culture”.I have only thing to tel u “Iam really blessed that i was your student atleast for a few days”
Hoping to meet u once again in life
chirag mudaliar, India:
Enjoyed ur lecture at international institute of information technology ,Pune !
working towards ur goal!!!
I wanted syed akeel ahmed email.
Congratulation Sir, for dedication.
Allah make everyone like Dr.Akheel like idol.
Dear Dr. Syed,
I observed that you have been conferred an award by Chromatography Society of India. We have a Chromatographic Society of India, of which I am the current President.
I shall be happy to know more about the Chromatography award that you have received, so that I can invite you to be a Life Member of CSI.
Hope to hear from you soon.
please send your response to email@example.com
Dr. G. Ramakrishnan
Mohammed Ali, Saudi Arabia:
Please provide me the contact address of Prof. Syed Akheel Ahmed, with phone number and e-mail address.
Phone : 966-564171334
Asma Athar, UAE:
Asak Akheel Uncle,
v always remember daadima in our duas
You motivate todays youth to gain knowledge as well inspire them to have religious and spiritual ideoliges which are very much necessary in today s world.
Wishing u all the best.
HAT’S OFF TO YOU SIR, I HAVE NO WORDS TO EXPRESS, BE OUR INSPIRATION FOR EVER, THANK YOU.
Congratulations Sir, you deserve this and more.
Syed Abdul-Hye, Qatar:
Mashallah. Your achievements are very impressive, and certainly a beacon to entire Indian community. We all Indians, particularly Karnatakans feel very proud to have a person like you amongst us. Certainly you have a motivating effect on the society at large, and deserve to remain at the pinnacle of success.
You have well understood the word “knowledge” which is the foundation for attainment of “positive-power”. You definitely deserve those encomiums, and may Almighty God help you to generously spearhead and spread the knowledge around the human races in India and may you be an example to the world at large. I have a couplet in urdu for you:
Ujalon kay alam-bardar rahiyye
bujhe mash’al tho khud tayyar rahiyye!
Tum shamma ki tarah rahon me jaltey rahna/
aur andheron ko ujalon may badaltey rahna!
Allah karey zor-e-ilum aur ziyadah!
Being Mangalorean myself, I feel that it would be my duty and responsibility to congratulate and appreciate all the members of Yenopoya group who have immensely contributed to the society in most of the fields in our vicinity, and also thank them for having a person of your magnitude.
Wishing you and all the Members of the institute.
ghouse mohammed, Qatar:
Congratulations, I wish you more success.
Omer Farooq.G. Panemangaore (Riyadh), Saudi Arabia:
Masha Allah,…Really Great achievement..may almighty Allah bless u..
joe Gonsalves, USA:
I have read with great interest Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed’s achievements as a scholar and as a professional. What is good to see is that despite losing his father at a tender age of 4, he was inspired by his mother and grand mother who seem to have played dominant roles as mentors.
Very rarely has a person achieved so much in such a short span of time. It is matter of legitimate pride to Mangalore that he has lent his services for the education of youth at Yenepoya Institute of sciences.
Kudos to you Dr. Ahmed. May you serve as a mentor and inspiration to the modern youth.
Manjunatha Gowda, USA:
I know Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed personally as I was involved in a project that he was heading. He is a very polite and humble man of wisdom and grace. he has the true secular character, long long ago I remember he had visited our temple function in mysore with out any reservation and prayed with us for the benefit of tragic victims. May God give everything in life since he deserves it. Thanks and congrats.
Moreover he is a very humble person as we know him personally. Congratulations sir.
Sr Annn Imelda A.C., India:
What a wonderful personality. I was thrilled as read the accounts of His great achievements. Truly Mangalore is proud of him.
Anwar ul haq, USA:
Congratulations! Truely deserves all the praise. Especially since India lacks good education among the minorities. This will help their upliftment, and keep the youth employed doing service to the country/humanity
Congratulations. What an achievement. God Bless you. A shining example to all of us.
Dr S. Umesha, India:
Wovvvvv…..Hearty congratulations to the ‘Mangalorean Star’ of the month! Whereever you will be n whatever u r .. u r doing wonderful service ..I can’t forget the way in which u managed the PG hostel, when v were d students!!!! the most amazing way it is…though u r a great orator delivering invigorative lectures. We are proud of you, Sir. Let us all work together to fulfil your dream of transforming India into a knowledge society.
Thanks n Regards
Amar Lobo, India:
Congratulations to you at your wonderful and most deserved achievements.
May God the Almighty bless you and keep you in sound health.
May you achieve many more well deserved laurels in your future endeavour.
Congaratulations to Violet her your brilliant and sensible efforts.Good luck.
With best wishes and regards.
Fr. Dominic vas, Italy:
Hearty congratulations to you at your great achievements.
I am in Rome now. Yet I remember fondly your aquaintance with me personally and with Pushpashrama.
Dr Kamalakanth Shenoy, India:
As a Professor in Yenepoya university, (in Yenepoya Dental College), I have the priviledge of witnessing the work of our Hon’ble VC Prof. Syed Akheel Ahmed. In a short time he has made indelible impression on everyone working in the university. His scholarly approach to every matter and the superb knowledge of research methods and his entusiasm in promoting research will see Yenepoya University in the forefront among other universities soon.
ABDUL SALEEM, Oman:
First of all I would like to say Thanks to “Mangalorean.Com” for publishing such a great Knowledgeable persons Bio- data Because till now I didn’t know much about Dr. Syed Akeel Ahmed. After I come across with this article I got a real picture about The Great Sir, otherwise I might have lost an important information about a great person.
Once again thanks a lot to Mangalorean.com
Hanifa Amreen and Sania Firdose, India:
CongratulationS!!! May allah bless u. I wish MORE success to you. Let YENEPOYA UNIVERSITY bloom like a flower in YOUR presence …
Lily Chandran, Yenepoya University, Mangalore, India:
We are fortunate to work for such a great…….great……..personality like Prof. Syed Akheel Ahmed, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Yenepoya University who is already in action to convert the vision of Mr. Y Abdulla Kunhi, Hon’ble Chancellor, Yenepoya University into a reality.
Sir, with the depth of the knowledge and your enthusiasm we are sure that Yenepoya University will definitely be a role model for other Universities in the years to come.
May the “Mangalorean Star” emerge as an “International Star”. Wishing you all the best.
Hats off! Violet. Good work. Keep it up.
As i was going through your great achievements, this verse spontaneously came to my mind.
Hazaron saal nargis apni be noori pe roti hai
badi mushkil se hota hai chaman mein deeda o dar paida.
and as per your vision, it is true even if half of our country’s population keep aside their differences and try to work together, then we can surely rise above the rest of the world in each & every walk of life.
May almighty god give you health and strength, to fulfill your dreams, Amin….
Dr. Hyacinth-Cynthia Wyatt, Academic Coordinator for India, Universitat Rovira i
Dr. Akeel’s academic achievements are not only impressive, they are also admirable: his knowledge is deep, and in so many fields; his enthusiasm is contagious, even by the readers of an article like this one.
However, what is truly admirable in Dr. Akeel Syed’s philosophy is his vision of the 21st century, especially his original view that Knowledge, with a capital “K”, is a real Capital. Such astuteness, such farsightedness, on knowledge becoming “hubs” of knowledge, vehicles transporting, transforming, trespassing frontiers, not only of India– but hopefully, of other nations–is indeed a note of hope transmitted, generously and sagaciously to all of us.
Thank you Dr. Akeel.
firstname.lastname@example.org AbuDhabi, UAE:
How continues struggle, hope and luck makes a man great, Dr. Akeel is very good example for that. We expect more and more people follow the way which he walked in our society. Best of Luck. Thanks to Violet Pereira and mangalorean.com for the article.
Dr. Manjula Shantaram, India:
Hearty congratulations to the ‘Mangalorean Star’ of the month! You are a great orator delivering invigorative lectures. We are proud of you, Sir. Let us all work together to fulfil your dream of transforming India into a knowledge society.
Aruna NP, India:
Dr.Jessy M. D’Souza & Fly, M’lore, India:
Dear Sir, You are truelly a ever shining star of the universe. We are very proud of you, especially of your talks, depth of knowledge in every subject & your personality. HAT’S OFF TO YOU. salaaaaaaam.
capt M.A.Hussain, India:
Kudos to Dr Akheel…..your Bio-data is the second best Bio-data i have come across after Dr manmohan singh’s (prime minister).
dr shabana saleem, India:
We are proud of you akheel bhaiya……All the best….
Great personality and great acheivements.
Stany D’Souza, USA:
Great achievements by Dr. Ahmed, “The Mangalorean Star”. I would say with his very impressive achievements, he can be easily identified as one of the “Star of India”. Proud to note his achievements and his encouragement to younger pioneers in scientific field.
I wish him all the best in all his future endeavors. I am sure, we will hear about him from time-to-time!
jowhar azad, India:
Dear Akeell bhai iam amazed to read your acievements i am very glad to have met you. i dont have words to admire you. Mangalorians should be proud of having you among them. may the almighty allah fulfill all your dreams.amin.
I HAVE BECOME A FAN OF YOURS
Shameem Ameen, India:
A hearty congratulations for all the achievements sir!
Do continue your good work without deviating from islamic way which i am really inspired by the thought which is not easy.
All the very best for your future
may allah shower you with his choicest blessing!!!
congradulation sir………..really great. your achievements are great. may almighty allah bless
Syed Mushahir hassan, Qatar:
I was very happy to read the article about Dr Syed Akheel Ahmed the Present Vice Chancellor of Yenopoya University.I was an Ex-Student of Dr Akheel Ahmed in 1978 for M.Sc at Manasa Gangotri which i discontinued after getting a Job at MCF Ltd Mangalore.I also know him as he was my elder brothers class mate and his Son Raihan was the class mate of my Son.I Pray Allah to grant him good health and many such successes in life to continue his good work with dedication. May Allah Bless you and your family Aameen.
syed iqbal Ahmed & Famiy, India:
We pray that you are blessed with the strength and perseverance to continue your good work. Above all, we pray god to give you Health, Happiness and Peace…….
Lt Cdr Syed Imtiaz Hussain, India:
Amazing & breath-taking list of achievements. Nedless to add, Mysore Universities loss is a definite gain for the Yenopoya University & Mangalore City too!! All the very best for all your future endeavours…
Dr. Vinitha Ramanath Pai, India:
Congratulations Sir! It is indeed an honour to be associated with the Star of Mangalore! With your vision for development and perfection there are many more laurels coming your way!!!
Dr Girija and Family Bangalore, India:
We are overjoyed that all your hardwork and dedication during the last thirty years is being recognized and rewarded in such a grand manner.
You are a reason for all of us to be proud and definetly a role model for all youngsters. You continue to be a source of inspiration to stay back and work for our dear Nation with single-minded devotion, sincerity and patriotism.
We pray that you are blessed with the strength and perseverance to continue your good work. Above all, we pray that Lord Krishna gives you Health, Happiness and Peace.
Congratulations sir, your profile is awesome and good luck with everything coming ahead of you.
I’m awed by your academic achievements. Congratulations, sir!
Shoukath Hussain,Dubai, UAE:
It is a pleasure to see a brilliant personality such as Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed, as Mangalorean Star for the month of March 2009. He truly deserves this honour. Congratulations to Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed, for your hard work, dedication and achievements. Dr. Saab you are not only a Star of Mangalore, also STAR OF INDIA! You are the inspiration to all the future generations of our country India. Dr. Saab, May Allah bless you and your family. Ms. Violet Pereira, Thanks-a-lot madam for introducing this genius to readers of Mangalorean.Com around the world!
Many congratulations first, for every milestone achieved. WOW!!! i am all motivated and inspired after reading the article. Being a student, my research interests have increased exponentially. Truly, the star!!! Wishing you abundant good luck in everything sir. Warm regards.
Congratulations Akheel Bhaiya !!
We are very proud of you. May Allah grant you more success in future.
Kudos to Mangalore’s Shining Star.
Obeida Shoukath, India:
CONGRATULATIONS to you Sir, for being a star in the true sense. I am very proud to say that you are our Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of the esteemed Yenepoya University, of which I am also a part of. I admire you for the passion you have towards education and teaching. Hats off to you sir, and let Allah guide you and shower you with knowledge and blessings in abundance.
Syed Luqman Faraz, UAE:
It is a great honor to be reading this article. Mainly because I am personally acquainted to Dr. Ahmed. His son was my classmate in high school and a very close friend.
My fondest memory of Dr. Ahmed is that he used to come to our school to pick me and his sons for prayers during the Holy month of Ramadhan. I felt part of the family and that ramadhan is one of my memorable ones as I was living away from home.
I congratulate Dr. Ahmed for being the shining star of our nation. People like him are very much needed in this era of moral and social degradation.
May God Bless him and his family and guide his sons to greater heights of achievement in Education and various other fields. Aameen
Raihan, Noeman, Usman, Ayesha, India:
Congratulations Dad!!! and your wife too joins in 🙂 .. PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!
Muhammad Ali Uchil,AbuDhabi, India:
“Strength Respects Strength” Dr.Syed Akeel Ahmed’s Acadamic, Intellectual and a very strong Administrative strength has been respected by naming him as Managlorean Star. Heartly Congragulations to Dr.Syed on beeing the Vice Chancellor of prestigious Yenopoya University and now being introduced by Managlorean.com as Mangalorean Star. I feel myself proud that I happend to met you and lucky to hear a very inspiring speech of yours. Through your commitment to community, your guidance to your students and with your strong will and determination to see a Strong and developed India are still miles to go before your dreams to see this Great Nation achieve this. Let more and more laurels bestowed upon you from your high acadamic achievemnts and your other accomplishmnets. Thanks to Violet Pereira to given the focus where and whom it deserves.
venkatakrishna Rao, India:
Congratulations Sir, you deserve this and more.
Congratulations Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed on being chosen as Mangalorean star. Thanks to Mangalorean.com and Violet for introducing a great personality to us. Wish you all the very best in your future endevors.
JOHN F PEREIRA, India:
KUDOS TO DR.SYED AKHEEL AHMED RIGHT PERSON TO BE A MANGALOREAN STAR.WE WERENT KNOWING THAT SUCH A BRILLIANT PERSONALITY LIVING AROUND. THANKS TO VOILET PEREIRA FOR INTRODUCING SUCH A GENIOUS PERSON.KEEP IT UP.
Kudpi Rajanikanth Shenoy, India:
It’s indeed a matter of privilege for us to see such a talented and brilliant personality Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed being introduced as Mangalorean Star for the month of March 2009.
Keep up the good work Violet!
Abdulla Madumoole, Abu Dhabi, UAE:
An awesome and enviable profile, excellent academic achievement. Congratulations Dr. Syed Akheel for being chosen as Mangalorean Star and wish you all the best for all your future endeavors. Thanks Mangalorean.com for throwing light on an inspiring personality.
Austin Prabhu, USA:
Wow, very impressive bio of Dr. Syed Akheel Ahmed by Violet Pereira. You are a true inspiration to our younger generation Dr. Ahmed, keep up the good work and wish you all the best in your future endeavors! Congratulatons on being named as the Mangalorean Star for the month of March, 2009.