House with Thatched Roof in Shirva-Nadibettu Reduced to Ashes in Sudden Fire

Udupi: A house with thatched roof belonging to Srinivas Acharya in Nadibettu of Shirva was reduced to ashes in a sudden fire on Sunday around 8-30 pm.

The fire was caused when a lamp lit in front of the deity’s pedestal was carried by a rat towards the roof. Since the roof was thatched with grass, the fire spread very rapidly.

The poor family’s hard earned possessions like 50 sacks of rice, five sacks of paddy seeds, agricultural implements, yokes, granary and utensils perished in the fire. The loss is estimated at Rs 2.50 lakh.

Since the outhouse was a little distance away from the house, the buffaloes reared for farming remained safe.

A case has been registered in the Shirva police station.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here