Indians kidnapped by IS fine, says freed captive

Bengaluru, Aug 4 (IANS) The two Indians still in IS captivity in Libya are fine, said Laxmikant Ramakrishna who was among the two freed and sent home.

Four people working at the University of Sirte were abducted by the Islamic State on July 29.

Ramakrishna told the media after arriving here that the “boss or sheikh of the captors have told me that they will be fine and there is nothing to worry about them”.

He said he had been given a special phone number to call to check on them from time to time. He said he has been trying to do that and appealed to the media to carry news “with responsibility”.

Ramakrishna, 37, and three others were abducted when they were headed for India from Sirte city near capital Tripoli on July 29. Two of them were set free, while the other two are still in captivity.

 

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here