Karkala: Casual handling of toxic items at home and lack of precautions in stacking them away from easy reach have often led to fatal situations and even cost several lives.
Kariya (48), a progressive farmer from Renjala in the taluk, had brought a bottle of chemical used for insects and kept it at home.
Feeling thirsty in the dark and trying to reach for a bottle of water, he is said to have wrongly picked the chemical and drunk it.
Having fallen very ill, he was rushed to a hospital and his condition is said to be critical.
Take care! Errors can cost lives –
- Kundapur: Young Woman Dies after Consuming Insecticide Mistaking it for Medicine
- Kundapur: Senior Man Dies after Brushing Teeth with Rat Poison instead of Paste
- Puttur: 14-month-old Girl Child Dies after Unknowingly Licking Insecticide Bottle
- Sullia: Two Kids Innocently Use Rat Poison as Toothpaste – One Dies, Other Critical
- Bantwal: Girl of Four Unknowingly Consumes Rat Poison, Dies
- Mangalore: Child Dies after Using Rat Poison to Brush Teeth
- Puttur: Girl Dies of Intake of Poison Mistaking it for Medicine
- Mangalore: Man Dies after Using Rat-killer for Toothpaste
- Mangalore: Woman Uses Rat-killer by Oversight to Brush Teeth, Dies
- Bijapur: Tea Leaves a Tragedy in its Wake