Kenya places $20,000 bounty on terror suspect

Nairobi, March 19 (IANS) Kenyan authorities offered $20,000 reward for information that may lead to the arrest of a terror suspect believed to be one of the masterminds of last year’s attack on quarry workers in Mandera county.

image001terrorists-20160319-001

Police on Friday said the terror suspect, Mohamed Dubow, is believed to have led attack on quarry workers in Mandera county on July 7, 2015, where at least 14 people were killed and 12 others injured, Xinhua news agency reported.

Police said Dubow, who is believed to have extensive terrorist network in northeastern Kenya, fled to neighbouring Somalia and police suspect he might have returned to the country.

Police have also circulated Dubow’s photos and appealed to the public to volunteer information that could lead to his arrest.

The reward came after security officers offered $80,000 bounty on four terror suspects believed to be linked to the December 2014 killing of 36 quarry workers in the Mandera county.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here