Kinnigoli: It appears to be the same pair of bisons that has been showing up in different places on different days. Normally, their movement is slow. But how they have managed to make guest appearances at spots as distant as Mundkur, Sankalakariya and surroundings of Kinnigoli has puzzled the residents as well as forest personnel.
Last week, they had moved from Mundkur to Sankalakariya and Aikala. Around the weekend they appeared in Guttakadu, Ulepady, Punaroor and Sheenappayyakodi (also called S Kodi).
On Tuesday, they were spotted near the Dr Ramanna Shetty English-medium School located close to the junction to roads to Punaroor, Pakshikere and Padmanoor.
The forest personnel were informed and a team arrived from Moodbidri. They tried to capture them by spreading a net and it was not successful.
Earlier in the week, when they appeared in Guttakadu, attempts were made to capture them in a net, but they had escaped into a nearby forest.
Although said to be harmless if left alone, the fear perception still prevails in the minds of the public.
- Karkala: From Mundkur to Sankalakariya – Bison Pair Stays Put in Mission Compound
- Karkala: Pair of Bison Re-appears in Mundkur – Residents Asked to Avoid Provocation
- Puttur: Pair of Bisons Appears near Homes around Renjaladi, Creates Scare
- Kundapur: Daylight March of Bisons into Human Territory Creates Fear in Nada
- Kundapur: Lone Bison on Majestic March Damages Farm Growth and Produce
- Udupi: Bison Menace again in Havanje – Agricultural Crops Damaged
- Karkala: Scare around as Bisons Show up in Belmannu Church Surroundings
- Bantwal: Bisons Create Scare at Rayi Kudkoli – ‘Leave Them Alone’ Says Official
- Mangalore: Bison Makes Repeat Guest Appearance inside Airport Area!
- Mangalore: Bison Roaming along Runway Causes Momentary Alarm at Airport
- Karkala: Majestic March of Lone Bison Creates Scare in Nitte