New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) Get the basics right, add definition to a room with a centre piece and glam up the bar to prepare your house for Christmas and New Year parties.
Shankey Bhardwaj, stylist, fashionandyou.com, suggests how:
* A Christmas tree that suits the size of your home, the mandatory tree decorations such as miniature Santas, candies, a little angel atop the tree, balls and decorative lights should definitely be on your list. A wreath for the front door, mistletoes, stockings, and glittering stars across the home, a little confetti and you’re done!
* Once you’ve ticked off the traditional essentials, it’s time to showcase your exceptional flair for aesthetics. Infuse natural accents all over your home and place pinecones on tables or cranberries around candles. Scented candles add the right dash of splendour to the environs. If you have a staircase in your home, don’t forget to wrap a Christmas garland across the banister. Delicate lanterns in green and red placed in corners of the home offer the perfect soft lighting effect.
* Add definition to the room with a large decorative balloon in the centre. You can also fill this up with confetti, sweets and mini-chocolate bars.
* Food and drinks make up the centre of any party, especially those that you host at this time of the year. Your bar or buffet will be the cynosure of all eyes so dress them up accordingly. Jazz them up with a glittery table spread that goes all the way to floor. The flowing drape will enhance the glamorous feel. Place small metallic stands with tea light candles in them for a more stylish, mellow glow.
* Get thick wax candles and rub glue all over them. Now smear glitter of different colours on each candle. From a black sheet of thick paper, cut out each number of the upcoming year. Stick one number each on every candle after the glue dries up. You can place these candles by the bar or on any other centre table. Light these up as the clock strikes 12 and celebrate the New Year with your near and dear ones.